Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance Ascension Front Fascia System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UnpluggedP

Global Vendor
Mar 27, 2014
Hawthorne, CA
Unplugged-Performance-Front-Fascia-for-Tesla-Model-3_Render.jpg

This one has been quite a journey! We've been able to share this candidly with a few friends at Tesla to get their opinion but we've never shared this design in public before. Until today. Today is the debut of Unplugged Performance's Model 3 Ascension Front Fascia redesign.

This project actually began in spring of 2016. 20+ designs and revisions later a final design was dialed in late last year. We've been keeping this one quiet for a long time, but we've already finished engineering on it. We are ready to start tooling up for production, so the time has come to announce and to offer discounted order reservations!
We'd love your feedback (both good and bad welcome). If you do like it, please help spread the word.

PLEASE NOTE: AT THIS TIME, WE ARE TAKING $500.00 DEPOSITS TOWARDS A RESERVATION PRE-ORDER.
→ REGULAR PRICE $2395.00
→ PRE-ORDER DISCOUNTED PRICE: $(OFFER EXPIRED)

LINK
ASCENSION FRONT FASCIA SYSTEM (RESERVATION DEPOSIT) - Unplugged Performance

Last edited:
Hi there, do you have any updated photos even if its not painted on the vehicle? Also, have you wind tested this? I pre-ordered it, but people have asked me if it hurts range or impacts the sound. I said I was unsure since it wasn't important to me since I don't do much highway driving etc. Wind noise and aerodynamics have been a common question.

Unplugged-Performance-Front-Fascia-for-Tesla-Model-3_Render.jpg

This one has been quite a journey! We've been able to share this candidly with a few friends at Tesla to get their opinion but we've never shared this design in public before. Until today. Today is the debut of Unplugged Performance's Model 3 Ascension Front Fascia redesign.

This project actually began in spring of 2016. 20+ designs and revisions later a final design was dialed in late last year. We've been keeping this one quiet for a long time, but we've already finished engineering on it. We are ready to start tooling up for production, so the time has come to announce and to offer discounted order reservations!
We'd love your feedback (both good and bad welcome). If you do like it, please help spread the word.

PLEASE NOTE: AT THIS TIME, WE ARE TAKING $500.00 DEPOSITS TOWARDS A RESERVATION PRE-ORDER.
→ REGULAR PRICE $2395.00
→ PRE-ORDER DISCOUNTED PRICE: $1995.00

LINK
ASCENSION FRONT FASCIA SYSTEM (RESERVATION DEPOSIT) - Unplugged Performance

Any updates on the these?
I understood the prototype and some photos were suppose to be available about now (early summer).

I think when the M3's become as common on the road as BMW 3 series, folks will be looking for a way to distinguish their car.

I'm more interested in your door handles. Have you guys considered making black door handles painted to match the trim where the camera is? Also making chrome bits and pieces painted to match? Also, there are no instructions on how to swap the handles.
Thanks

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and to me it “not attractive” and unless you can prove to me that the CD is not increased, my bet is that it probably is increased. Obviously, I’m not a potential customer. But you asked...
We love the Model 3 and we are always up for a challenge. Here’s a side by side design comparison of the standard Model 3 and the UP Ascension Model 3. How did we do?

View attachment 317563
Ascension Front Fascia System for Tesla Model 3

Reactions: Ejl80 and P85_DA
I'm more interested in your door handles. Have you guys considered making black door handles painted to match the trim where the camera is? Also making chrome bits and pieces painted to match? Also, there are no instructions on how to swap the handles.
Thanks

Great question. We typically just do chrome deletes in house using vinyl and the results are great. In order to do a gloss painted piece we would have to do some type of overlay like with our carbon fiber door handles and then paint them. We could do something as a one off if requested but it would be much more time consuming than a standard chrome delete for a very similar look.

Wow, that's actually very impressive looking! I was skeptical when I first saw the rendering but that photo actually gives it a nice corvette-like style.

Thanks!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and to me it “not attractive” and unless you can prove to me that the CD is not increased, my bet is that it probably is increased. Obviously, I’m not a potential customer. But you asked...

Thanks for the response! If you're concerned it is always good to wait for user reviews. Our past bumpers for Model S and Model X have sold well and we've received in our history zero emails saying range was impacted.

Naturally we never suggest that we are trying to beat Tesla's aerodynamics, but We find typically that in real world use any range loss has been small enough to have not been a factor with our designs.

We also produce a number of parts that improve range as well so we are confident that our complete car program in net will be neutral or maybe even a bit better than stock (lowered height, lower rotational mass, lower unsprung weight).

It just feels like it's trying to solve a problem that didn't exist for me. Those wheels look really nice although I'm not in the $7k/wheel set market.

Thanks for the feedback! As with all modifications it comes down to a matter of preference. For those who have the desire to change the look of their 3 and stand out from the crowd this may be a great option. For those who love the way the car looks and have no desire to change, not so much. That's the great thing about car culture! Everyone has different preferences but a similar passion.

Looks great in the photo! Sure would like the chance to see it in person though.

This car is here at our location in Hawthorne right next to SpaceX and Tesla Design Studio. Feel free to stop by if you're ever in the area!

It looks like it angles up, instead of flowing smoothly down like on the stock car. It's kind of jarring in that photo. I dunno if that's intentional or not.

Otherwise, it's much nicer looking than stock.

Thanks for the feedback! Will post some additional photos.

Thanks for the feedback! As with all modifications it comes down to a matter of preference. For those who have the desire to change the look of their 3 and stand out from the crowd this may be a great option. For those who love the way the car looks and have no desire to change, not so much. That's the great thing about car culture! Everyone has different preferences but a similar passion.

That was the point I was (poorly) trying to make. Visuals are completely eye of the beholder. That said, I actually like the lower portion of the front end. It might be interesting to see what it looks like with that lower part (fog lights down) married to the originally upper crease. Or even to have that original crease line run right into the lip above the fog lights.

• Disagree
Reactions: Stacks