Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance - Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted them 3 weeks ago as my front was getting worse and I was tired of adjusting the plastic wrap. They responded a couple days later saying my front springs had been identified from a batch with a manufacturer defect and would replace them in 3-6 weeks when they get them and can ship them out. 3 week ticker hit today so I’ll probably email again at the end of the week to follow up.

Bad news, I was told about 4 weeks too, about 4 weeks ago. Just called them now and they said approximately 6-8 weeks now (for all the springs).

Ordered my moderate springs a week or so ago.

Got an email saying the springs were unavailable and the order will be processed once stock returns.

A few days go by and they charged me the full amount. I emailed unplugged performance multiple times this week asking for an update or eta when stock will return and why they charged me for parts that are not available.

They have yet to respond, thinking I'll have to dispute the charge. They are taking my money for something a may or may not get for months, and the fact they have been unresponsive is highly unprofessional.

Young Phenom: I waited for weeks for UPP Moderate springs, noting that I had been charged. I contacted them, and they quickly refunded in full.

NOT a great business practice, to charge people's credit cards prior to shipping a product, especially since the date of shipping is unknown, and the product has been delayed, now for months.

My contact at UPP was very understanding and kind. He's having to deal with impatient customers, for sure!!!

Reactions: Young Phenom
A few days go by and they charged me the full amount. I emailed unplugged performance multiple times this week asking for an update or eta when stock will return and why they charged me for parts that are not available.

They have yet to respond, thinking I'll have to dispute the charge. They are taking my money for something a may or may not get for months, and the fact they have been unresponsive is highly unprofessional.
I don't like the practice either, but it is extremely common, just about any online store will do that. Notable exception is Amazon.

I’ve had the UPP moderate springs on my MYP since Aug 2020 and I’ve been happy thus far, but the popping noise/spring “ping” is getting worse. I just emailed them today.
Only my drivers side front for now.
We will see what resolves.

I've got the same popping/cracking sounds in the front as well. Got them installed at Unplugged back in Nov. I have an appointment with them tomorrow to get them swapped out to these new ones.

Contact them and let them know you're having these issues and they'll get you sorted. Hopefully they have some in stock to send out to you though.

Reactions: preilly44