Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unsold Model 3 sitting in lot awaiting buyers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is, unfortunately our M3 got totaled. We went to Tysons and made the request for the features and we got one.

It takes longer to do the paperwork Tesla's way, that drug out for days but we now have the car. Back when we waited years for the car the paperwork was a non factor. Buying one off the lot, that paper process gummed up the works. We weren't in a rush so it was not that big of a deal.

Stock car, off the lot. 4 miles, not a demo unit.
View attachment 375149

was this the model 3 at the owings mills service center

I have noted a funny coincidence. People who post their "worries" here about weak demand (without taking into account basic things like seasonal variation) tend to have their profiles hidden. I wonder why :cool:

Well if I were trying to influence the stock price of a publicly traded company, the first thing I would do is post something on a minor forum full of brand cheerleaders.

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
@aspec818, I think it would be better to contact people where the car is if you can take delivery there to avoid the transport fee. If the car is at a delivery center or storage location, I would contact a store there that regularly works with that delivery center.

Last edited:
This list has put some light into what is going on behind the scene for me.

I bought two Model 3 which I am still waiting for delivery in Montreal Canada:
Order: Nov 14th 2018: AWD Red/White (Estimate was: 6-8 weeks)
Order: Jan 8th 2019: AWD Blue/White (Estimate was: January)

In January Tesla was still struggling to find me a car, none matched my configs in Canada and production had shifted to international model.
Early February, my delivery advisor told me that Tesla "Regrouped" all their inventory and went through the list of waiting orders.
In that process VIN were matched to both my orders (2018 models) and delivery would be Feb 14th.
Since then my car has not moved and are still where they were located (location was unknown to me). Until this list showed up.

It look like Tesla matched VIN with orders based on geographical location, both my cars are sitting at Tesla stores:
Philadelphia and New York

However it seems that Tesla forgot about figuring out the logistic of moving car by car from various store to other state (or in my case country).

So for what is worth, some cars on that list are already assigned to customers but Tesla has not idea on how to move them around; both I and my delivery advisor are struggling to figure out how this is going to work out and I'm left waiting for two cars sitting in parking lot 10 hours away.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf