Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, assuming we take the tweet at face value, it's a new product, not an update to an existing one. And it's unexpected by most. He already dropped the news about the semi and bus, and we have speculated on the Y forever.

So, I'm going to guess it's going to be the roadster replacement. Or possibly a jump into the city car/smartcar segment.

Well, assuming we take the tweet at face value, it's a new product, not an update to an existing one. And it's unexpected by most. He already dropped the news about the semi and bus, and we have speculated on the Y forever.

So, I'm going to guess it's going to be the roadster replacement. Or possibly a jump into the city car/smartcar segment.

AP2 would be an update to AP1.

Roadster2 would be an update to Roadster1.

So you don't have anything official.

Reactions: jimmyjohn
Updating AP2.0. !??
I just took a test drive in a Model S and asked the Representative to demo the autopilot for me before I got in the driver's seat... We were cut off on the expressway by a inattentive work truck doing 70mph.. the autopilot preformed flawlessly.. pretty darn good selling point!

Reactions: TaoJones
TrevP at Model#OwnersClub posted that a source has confirmed that it is Autopilot 2.0 Hardware and that Tesla started installation of it in vehicles last week. All this and the Jays up 2-0 in the playoffs at the same time. Love it.

Now we need someone to stalk the cars coming out of the Fremont factory to confirm...

TrevP at Model#OwnersClub posted that a source has confirmed that it is Autopilot 2.0 Hardware and that Tesla started installation of it in vehicles last week. All this and the Jays up 2-0 in the playoffs at the same time. Love it.
If this is in fact the case, that will make me very happy about missing the End of Quarter rush with my Solid White 60D X order.

Tesla will announce AnticiPator, an advanced technology that allows the car to anticipate what you want it to do and do it.

The current political activity seems to be tightening up on this area. California might bar the use of "autopilot", and the Feds want to make it easier for the NHTSA to treat failings of driver assistance systems as a safety issue worthy of recall. So Tesla is now adding additional, better hardware that will help make AnticiPator more reliable than the old Autopilot system.

Reactions: Mjølner
Only product not guessed that I'll throw out there is a car to AC inverter. Let your car become emergency power for your home. If they ever come through with that it would be epic. It would be "new", it would be within the Tesla product line and it would be very, very profitable.

Even make it portable for camping, running power equipment, etc. Perfect for SUVs and mini bus. Fits neatly in the trunk under the trunk.

Reactions: systemcrashed
It will be an ICE version of the model S.

Say whatever you want but nothing can be as unexpected as that :)

MSV8

Yup, Model S Classic, with a V8. No push rods just a good clean quad cam, chain driven, 32V V8 featuring eco torque sleep cruise mode using just 1 active cylinder. Will have a huge flywheel for regen effect. No frunk and good old 70:30 weight distribution with entertaining RWD handling. Auto pilot will be dollar-aware and reroute via cheapest gas stations. No ludicrous mode as such, but buyers can upgrade to the ‘mildly nuts supercharger’ with realistic belt-whine sound effects. Autopilot consist of inflatable passenger holding a map with optional $1k deluxe compass. TACC uses a front mounted cattle prod.