Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. For the P100D reveal, wasn't it media Q&A and then the announcement went live?

Yep. Looks like this announcement will be similar. No livestream or pomp and circumstance, just a media session (possibly under embargo) followed by a press release.

Time-warp to the moment before the P100D announcement: Tesla to make a product announcement at noon PT [3pm ET] [Updated]

* EDIT: That said, Elon's earlier "needs refinement" comment does suggest that there will be some kind of presentation or presentable product of such nature that it can be modified within 48 hours. Maybe I'm biased as a software engineer, but I suspect that the thing that "needed refinement" is more likely to be a website or some other kind of software than it is to be PowerPoint...

Last edited:
You sure can't go by Elon's tweets. He's tweeted about SC/Panasonic, the P100D speeds, retweeted an autopilot success story, (from this forum), the Florida solar vote, and Hyperloop in the last day or so.
It may be an update on the Model 3 as far as production goes, but I don't think it will be any kind of reveal about the production car. I think that will be a huge event. Could be a new product that Tesla/SC/Panasonic plan on making if the SC merger goes through and this is a way to ensure that it does.

I was just thinking, they did add "My Document" onto the reservation page recently. Maybe this announcement is about the Model 3??????