Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing that this announcement will be fairly big, considering the timing. I think that teasing an announcement that turns out to be an S/X tweak might be a mistake. Musk wants to carry positive momentum into the solarcity vote and the capital raise.

Of course Musk doesn't necessarily have a big "arrow" in his quiver of possible new products.

But I'm sticking with an Tesla doing an Uber-like service. Although I'll take an eBike. Maybe a tandem eBike used in an Uber like service?

Although I'll take an eBike.
If it is an eBike I vote for something like this:
Frontpage - PODBIKE
PodBike-Towards.jpg

Tesla AP is already amazing, but introducing another level of amazement isn't unexpected, it's a logical progression. I'm convinced this announcement will have absolutely nothing to do with AP.

Considering Musk said they needed a couple more days to finalize the product before introducing it, and because Musk has commented on how recent Tesla innovations blow his mind, I'm thinking that the charging snake is ready for prime-time.

This would allow more autonomy of cars to drop off the driver, park and charge in the garage, then unplug, exit the garage, and go pick up the driver the next morning. It's pretty much a necessity if the cars are to be fully autonomous, if the "let your car make money for you" concept (Master Plan 2.0) is going to work, and if the ability to summon or park your car via remote or app is to be really useful.

Last edited:
Wow, long thread. At the risk if repeating an answer I think they will enable an option to buy a Model S/X without super charging for life and ability to super charge a la carte. It's not really a "new product" but it's a new variation that could scoop up more people on the edge of buying.
Speculation is fun, no matter what happens it's always a good time seeing what they come up with.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

SolarCity is a seller of service.
Whatever makes you happy :)

SolarCity delaying Buffalo factory production - The Buffalo News

SolarCity delaying Buffalo factory production

280422.jpg

The opening of the SolarCity factory in South Buffalo is being pushed back three to six months, until mid-2017. (Derek Gee/Buffalo News)

SolarCity’s Buffalo factory likely won’t hit full production until the summer of 2017 – somewhere between three to six months later than the initial timetable.

SolarCity CEO Lyndon Rive said it will take longer than expected to order and receive some of the sophisticated equipment that will be used to produce solar panels at the South Park Avenue factory.

“Some of the equipment has longer lead times than we originally expected,” Rive said during a conference call to discuss the company’s earnings. “So that equipment is going to be arriving around the second quarter or third quarter of next year.”

Reactions: MassModel3