Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming Tesla Update (2023.12) to include steering wheel customizations and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there a way to disable the gear shift chimes? it has been two days since i downloaded 12.1 and they're already annoying the hell out of me (first world problems, i know)...

also, this update has made the static on the FM and SXM radios worse again. they had almost completely fixed in 6.x, but it's back with a vengeance now. i don't understand how they can't make fixing that a priority, since a lot of people you know, use the radio...

is there a way to disable the gear shift chimes? it has been two days since i downloaded 12.1 and they're already annoying the hell out of me (first world problems, i know)...
Yes you can disable the gear shift chimes. I can't tell you where to find that setting however because I used another new feature to turn them off. Use the new search feature (at the top of the main screen when you touch the car icon in the bottom left) and enter "chime" into the search box. The toggle for gear shift chimes is the first one that comes up. I'm loving this new update!

Only drove the car once since the gear shift chimes. My first impression is that they are low volume and soft sounding. They are not annoying me yet; I'll leave them on for awhile before I make any decisions. In general, I am pleased with this update.

Only drove the car once since the gear shift chimes. My first impression is that they are low volume and soft sounding. They are not annoying me yet; I'll leave them on for awhile before I make any decisions. In general, I am pleased with this update.
I agree. The tone and volume are probably the most pleasant alert sounds the car makes.

I do understand how any alert sounds bother some folks, so I'm glad they provided the option to
What has every programmed for the left scroll wheel long press? I'm leaning toward fan speed.
Glove box. My wife is in and out of that half a dozen times every time we leave the house. I got tried of using the screen :)

What has every programmed for the left scroll wheel long press? I'm leaning toward fan speed.
Dashcam recording. But I may change that. At least you have access to all the options in that list with full control from the left wheel and no need to try and touch the screen.
But the biggest game changer for me is the wiper speed control from the left wheel.

Reactions: Benito1283
Fan speed for left scroll wheel setting, super happy about that.

Something else I love I've not seen mentioned: Once the wipers are up (hit the stalk button or tap the icon) you can use left scroll wheel left/right to cycle through the settings. This is huge!

Would still like to see more fine tuning of longer delay time on the wipers (an adjustable intermittent with a much longer delay), but it's really nice as is.

Fan speed for left scroll wheel setting, super happy about that.

Something else I love I've not seen mentioned: Once the wipers are up (hit the stalk button or tap the icon) you can use left scroll wheel left/right to cycle through the settings. This is huge!

Would still like to see more fine tuning of longer delay time on the wipers (an adjustable intermittent with a much longer delay), but it's really nice as is.
There is another thread here just about this. Totally agree this is a fantastic addition.

I am really glad the chimes could be disabled, I did immediately after I tried them. I found them very very obtrusive, but I am solidly in the 'don't make a sound unless I REALLY need to know about it' camp.

I am really glad the chimes could be disabled, I did immediately after I tried them. I found them very very obtrusive, but I am solidly in the 'don't make a sound unless I REALLY need to know about it' camp.

I actually like the gear change chime because I have the issue where the car doesn't go from Park to Drive all the time as intended, so the chime is a nice confirmation. I also have Joe mode on so maybe the chime volume is softer for me than the default.

It's funny how the little features don't always excite me like I thought they would. I thought the gear change chime would be nice, but quickly turned it off because its interference with music vastly outweighs any benefit. But I thought the green light chime would be stupid and ended up loving it. To each their own :)

I love the new scroll wheel function in 2023.12.1.1 but I would love to request a change. I would like an invert option. where down is up and up is down. This is what I am used to when playing video games. Like flying a plane. Pushing the yoke in, puts the plane in decent, etc.

Please Tesla, give me an invert option.

2022 Model 3 Long Range.

The text size difference isn't much, but it's noticeable so that's cool. I'm using the left scroll wheel for camera for now. Btw, I'm getting a few random chime sounds here and there, look at the screen and I don't see any alerts for anything on the sides of the car. Never had that before, plus it's a new sound.