Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2.50.114 is Fob-ulous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
800s VIN that took delivery back in very end of Feb 2016, had always had auto-present doors turned off. Just simply didn't trust them or want the feature. With this newest firmware, tried to live with "automatic doors" as I use my key fob to get in and out ALL the time. After two weeks, simply can't do it. I find the behavior of the automatic doors so infuriating and inconsistent that it's just not worth the hassle. The kicker for me was having it nearly knock over my 19 month toddler twice now because I happened to be nearby with the key (as is always the case) in my pocket and the door cracking open just enough to a) bump her and cause her to go off balance and b) surprise her and cause her to go off balance. It's not opened when I expected to. It's opened when I was yards away just pulling in trash cans. There's no rhyme or reason and it just seems really poorly designed.

On top of that I find it galling that it's paired with key fob behavior. That is unbelievably questionable. For all the many quirks I have put up with over the first ~10 months of ownership, this firmware update is legitimately the first time that i've been *angry* at the car and Tesla.

Really, really hope they reconsider the coupling of the two, as opening the doors remotely had been a huge convenience win for me in the past (like when my arms are often full with kids or kid paraphernalia.... which is...almost always).

800s VIN that took delivery back in very end of Feb 2016, had always had auto-present doors turned off. Just simply didn't trust them or want the feature. With this newest firmware, tried to live with "automatic doors" as I use my key fob to get in and out ALL the time. After two weeks, simply can't do it. I find the behavior of the automatic doors so infuriating and inconsistent that it's just not worth the hassle. The kicker for me was having it nearly knock over my 19 month toddler twice now because I happened to be nearby with the key (as is always the case) in my pocket and the door cracking open just enough to a) bump her and cause her to go off balance and b) surprise her and cause her to go off balance. It's not opened when I expected to. It's opened when I was yards away just pulling in trash cans. There's no rhyme or reason and it just seems really poorly designed.

On top of that I find it galling that it's paired with key fob behavior. That is unbelievably questionable. For all the many quirks I have put up with over the first ~10 months of ownership, this firmware update is legitimately the first time that i've been *angry* at the car and Tesla.

Really, really hope they reconsider the coupling of the two, as opening the doors remotely had been a huge convenience win for me in the past (like when my arms are often full with kids or kid paraphernalia.... which is...almost always).
Exactly. The auto present is simply not good for us parents with kids around. I still want to be able to open the front doors with the fob like before with drivers door only. Let's send them an email requesting them to separate the features.

Regarding just Fob items, maybe half of the features please, the other half mixed.....

Feature Fobulous

1) Triple Click All Door Close Yes (safety first)
2) Summon Yes (phone not needed)
3) Paired Behavior Some No, some Yes
4) Auto-Present Doors Some No, TBD Yes

Great suggestions on 3 & 4 by above members.