Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2022.24.5 No music streaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes for sure - I basically told them that i had it before the MCU upgrade and don't now, and that apparently it was looking for some sort of account info which I didn't have. He said he had to "escalate" my request and that it should be pushed OTA within a couple of days. This was yesterday, and I just randomly went and looked and its all there, even my favorite Classic Rock Deep Dive channel! And some others I hadn't seen before, probably due to the new MCU2.

I have learned some things I don't put too much detail in the notes on my service request - gives them too much leeway to find an out. Instead, I just get myself in the door with an appointment and then ask to speak to the tech who will be working on it. Not every time, but any time there is a shred of ambiguity. Let me know if you need screenshots, info, etc but basically once I talked to them it got done magically.

Reactions: Espi2451
Yes for sure - I basically told them that i had it before the MCU upgrade and don't now, and that apparently it was looking for some sort of account info which I didn't have. He said he had to "escalate" my request and that it should be pushed OTA within a couple of days. This was yesterday, and I just randomly went and looked and its all there, even my favorite Classic Rock Deep Dive channel! And some others I hadn't seen before, probably due to the new MCU2.

I have learned some things I don't put too much detail in the notes on my service request - gives them too much leeway to find an out. Instead, I just get myself in the door with an appointment and then ask to speak to the tech who will be working on it. Not every time, but any time there is a shred of ambiguity. Let me know if you need screenshots, info, etc but basically once I talked to them it got done magically.
Thank you

I have a 2013 MS with Premium Connectivity. I recently updated the firmware to 2022.24.5. After this update I no longer have music streaming with Slacker. It logged me out and there is no way to get back in. I can’t use the Tesla account for car as it is “greyed out” and I don’t have a login for Slacker. Tried soft reset and didn’t work. SC pushed the update again for me to download, didn’t work. They said that I may have to bring it in. Shouldn’t they be able to fix it over the air?? Anyone else have this problem?
Welp. We are all victims of the upgrade. I have zero connectivity. No music. And of course… no radio. I guess I have to do a factory reset? Why let me drive away with zero connectivity??

Same boat. I upgraded to MCU 2 today. On the drive home no streaming music available. Thought the pending software update would fix it but no luck. Have a service request now with the rep saying they’ll relay to the main technician. I wouldn’t have upgraded if I knew I’d lose free streaming music. My MCU 1 was working fine.

Same boat. I upgraded to MCU 2 today. On the drive home no streaming music available. Thought the pending software update would fix it but no luck. Have a service request now with the rep saying they’ll relay to the main technician. I wouldn’t have upgraded if I knew I’d lose free streaming music. My MCU 1 was working fine.
Same. My LCD was leaking. I could have saved myself $1000 by only replacing the screen. Now I lost all radio features and am left with tunein streaming which is terrible. Super weird how the downgrade is better!

Same. My LCD was leaking. I could have saved myself $1000 by only replacing the screen. Now I lost all radio features and am left with tunein streaming which is terrible. Super weird how the downgrade is better!
I got a message that they’ll push a ota update that should reactivate my slacker or whatever it’s called, account to get the streaming music to work. I created a Spotify account for the time being. They also bricked my voice command after the upgrade which they said would also be fixed via ota update.

UPDATE:
They said they would push an update by tomorrow so I can have my credentials back. Hopefully it works!
Was update pushed out? Did the streaming service issue resolved? I picked up my car on Thursday after an MCU2 upgrade and notice the streaming service not working either. The theater (Netflix, YouTube, … and browser work fine though). I called the support number and they related my issue to service center which will contact me.

Was update pushed out? Did the streaming service issue resolved? I picked up my car on Thursday after an MCU2 upgrade and notice the streaming service not working either. The theater (Netflix, YouTube, … and browser work fine though). I called the support number and they related my issue to service center which will contact me.it’s not really an
Was update pushed out? Did the streaming service issue resolved? I picked up my car on Thursday after an MCU2 upgrade and notice the streaming service not working either. The theater (Netflix, YouTube, … and browser work fine though). I called the support number and they related my issue to service center which will contact me.
It’s not really an update but more them submitting a request to reactivate your “slacker” account that’s tied to the car. SC was able to fix my account remotely and it started working one day. Took a couple days from when they said they put in the reactivation request.

I have a 2018, and had it updated for 1600.00 in October 2021. No problem with Slacker, then I started having problems again and replace another MCU witch is there latest in Oct 2022. Before that I had no problem access slacker but now they are telling me the is New MCU does not come with this feature anymore and that I need to pay for premium connectivity for $10.99 a month. You would think someone will tell you this instead I made serval call and email and message center that sucks. Now I am waiting for answer as to way upgrading to newer MCU should negate my previous subscription with Tesla is BS and not good policy. Tesla in my opinion does not have very good training and communication with there customers, and Tesla is really starting to look like a half ass Service instead of premium service for car that you purchased for over 100k. There is no place I know would treat there customer this way. Just look at stock market today is tells volume.
I have other problems That came up with since I have purchased this car but too long of list to tell you.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.jpg
    IMG_2775.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 80
I have a 2018, and had it updated for 1600.00 in October 2021. No problem with Slacker, then I started having problems again and replace another MCU witch is there latest in Oct 2022. Before that I had no problem access slacker but now they are telling me the is New MCU does not come with this feature anymore and that I need to pay for premium connectivity for $10.99 a month. You would think someone will tell you this instead I made serval call and email and message center that sucks. Now I am waiting for answer as to way upgrading to newer MCU should negate my previous subscription with Tesla is BS and not good policy. Tesla in my opinion does not have very good training and communication with there customers, and Tesla is really starting to look like a half ass Service instead of premium service for car that you purchased for over 100k. There is no place I know would treat there customer this way. Just look at stock market today is tells volume.
I have other problems That came up with since I have purchased this car but too long of list to tell you.
You need premium connectivity to access any type of music streaming via the MCU (slacker, spotify, tidal) then you need the premium account for spotify and/or tidal to even log in via the Tesla MCU. Sorry to say but they're not going to goodwill you premium connectivity unless your car was grandfathered in. They don't even give new Teslas standard connectivity for life anymore which is crazy.

Nice. What exactly did you say to them and how did they fix it? Was it an easy over-the air fix? I asked my service center and they didn’t really address it. I’ll have to be more firm about it and say it CAN be done.
I did a factory reset after the MCU2 upgrade in order to get Voice Commands and Tune In back only to find that the Streaming (Slacker) account is gone - the "Use Tesla Account" button is grayed out. I have the 2014 Model S with lifetime Premium connectivity and this worked up until today. Will follow this to see if anyone gets a credential.

I did a factory reset after the MCU2 upgrade in order to get Voice Commands and Tune In back only to find that the Streaming (Slacker) account is gone - the "Use Tesla Account" button is grayed out. I have the 2014 Model S with lifetime Premium connectivity and this worked up until today. Will follow this to see if anyone gets a credential.
Have you put in a service request to reactivate your slacker account? That worked for me. Took a few days from when they said they submitted it. Apparently they batch process them once a week so if your request goes in Friday it takes a few days before you'll see it activated. At least that's what happened to mine.

Have you put in a service request to reactivate your slacker account? That worked for me. Took a few days from when they said they submitted it. Apparently they batch process them once a week so if your request goes in Friday it takes a few days before you'll see it activated. At least that's what happened to mine.
Same with me. I managed to get it back with the request

Yes I did, about a week ago. Just today they told me that my Slacker account has been reset and "Functionality will be restored by Saturday". Hopefully that is true. Thank you.

This happened to me as well.
2018 MS - upgraded to MCU2 a few months ago and immediately lost slacker and now my garage door opening won’t work despite trying to get that working 5-10 times.
I put in a request with service center. Originally I thought I was doing something wrong and super frustrating. Guess it’s not me