Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on my CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of weeks ago, I put $1,000 on a 2014 85. Received a copy of the Carfax and it came back clean. 11 days later, I received an email with updates on what’s going on with the car. They did several tests and it turns out the car has signs of serious accident damage beneath the body work. With that said, they are not able to sell the car through the CPO program. I’m bummed about it since it took awhile to find a car that suits my needs. In the meantime, I was glad Tesla has their process to make sure the car is up to their standards. Thank god, we found out sooner than later because I did not want to get stuck with the issues that it’s going to have over time. So now, I was in the market for another CPO! The next day came and I’ve looked at different websites and nothing was getting updated. Hours later, I decided to check Tesla’s used inventory page and found another one. Decided to put the $1,000 on a 2015 70D. Received the Carfax and it came back clean. I’m crossing my fingers and hope that after doing all the tests this will come back good. Otherwise, I’ll ask for a discount on the new model S...haha!

Reactions: Olds442 and Boourns
Just so you know, buying any Model S/X now will give you priority for the Model 3 and you should get an RWD Model 3 in March even if you place a reservation now. Check out the range numbers here and my S/3 comparison here.

If there's any good/bad news I guess that's it? They don't want to warranty it and you are saved a potential mega hassle or $$$ loss later on.
And you'll end up with a newer car with AWD. No harm there. Congrats!
Yes, it’s fine with me cuz I ended up with a newer car, newer seats, better system and very low mileage car. Still crossing my fingers...though!

Reactions: Olds442