Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update Push....Why am I still on .42?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're not alone. I'm still on .42 as well, despite having the car on Wi-Fi every night.

There's no pattern to updates that the collective wisdom of the forum has figured out, though Tesla says you'll get it sooner on Wi-Fi.

A service center will update the car when it is in for service, and folks with a specific compelling reason can usually get Tesla to queue the car up by calling, but otherwise it happens when your number comes up.

I'm still on .42 on my car but the other two Teslas in the garage are on .48. One came with .48. The other got .42 the same day I did and then got .46 a couple weeks ago and then .48 on Wednesday this week. The other two cars both have air suspension and UHF but mine doesn't.

The longest I've ever gone between updates is 56 days. I'm at 51 days now so I might break a record next week.

If I don't get .48, hopefully I'll go straight to 2018.2.

Also on .42 with access point next to car. While car is parked away from home I leave WiFi hotspot on for car.

The data uploaded is significantly higher than received. I give so much, but receive so little. :(

Ranger coming out on Monday to fix headlight for intermittent outage. Can they push update?
Yes, the ranger should be able to hook up a laptop and manually push the update to your vehicle.

I'm on .44 and like other OCD updaters, always eager to keep current. I've been keeping an AP near the car as well to help. Sitting in my car wanting it to update and learning that Googles Android update button also does not work - an OCD firmware nightmare. At least I can sideload on my phone I guess.

I’m also still on 2017.42 and Tesla normally pushed an update to my MX every 4 weeks like clockwork. As mentioned in the thread they are likely testing some major feature updates in shadow mode to a smaller % of the fleet to test before pushing the next stable release. Hoping to get at least .50 this week so I get easy access and hopefully fix my seats.. have never worked with the profile settings..

Yeah, unless TeslaFi shows you in the trailing 10% of the population, I wouldn’t freak out. Tesla’s wide rollouts seem 2 months apart lately. If you catch an intermediate update sometimes you get lucky and keep being snowplowed along. But I have been on the tail end of every rollout lately except for service appointments.