Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated to 2023.44.30 (cabin camera enforcement) Anyway to roll back??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People blaming Tesla for this “regression”.

Maybe contact your representative. Especially people that have Sen Blumenthal as their rep. Tesla is having to do this because of NHTSA. Not because Tesla wants to make the experience “regress”.

Oh and you can specifically thank those who abuse the system and the others who AMPLIFY the issue like consumers reports that actually made a “how to” video on how to circumvent Tesla’s safety system.

The ONLY reason why other systems are more lax is because they simply don’t have the attention of NHTSA and the public’s “concern”.

What are you all doing that the cabin camera driver monitoring is annoying? Using your phone? Eating?

I'm genuinely curious. I don't really care if you're doing stuff on AP, I'm not going to judge.

I did a my first couple drives today on 2023.44.30.2. No major changes that I noticed with respect to driver monitoring (and I've been FSD testing for about a year). I was able to go about 2 minutes on highway without touching the wheel before the nags started.

That's about the same as before, maybe a bit longer.

As the release notes mention they've tweaked the nag UI mildly (the notification is up the near the top, it turns red if you ignore it, and the blue pulse gets faster over time). All reasonable, albeit minor, tweaks.

Reactions: Supcom
It'll be shamful if somebody disconnects the cabin camera harness. May be it'll give an error but doubt FSD won't operate hence old model S with FSD didn't have cabin cameras

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 1.00.48 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 1.00.48 AM.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
People blaming Tesla for this “regression”.

Maybe contact your representative. Especially people that have Sen Blumenthal as their rep.
I live in Australia. The recall doesn't even apply here but Tesla has forced this crap update on us anyway. That is on Tesla. They pushed the update out globally entirely on their own accord.

I live in Australia. The recall doesn't even apply here but Tesla has forced this crap update on us anyway. That is on Tesla. They pushed the update out globally entirely on their own accord.
I just installed the update on my 2017 MS with FSD and no cabin camera. The nag seems the same to me. I just keep my hand on the wheel at 7 o’clock position. Maybe it’s worse for people with cabin cameras.

I've been using AP and FSD for ~6 years. I have a goatee and mustache and no glasses. With 2023.44.30, if I put my hand over my mouth, lean on the center console, wear sunglasses, or rub my eyes, I get a warning. It's pretty annoying.

I can spend more time looking at my phone or the screen and not get a warning than putting my hand over my mouth (which I evidently do unconsciously all the time) before I get a warning. I'm generally pro-monitoring, but this feels very error prone, both for false positives and false negatives, and subsequently more of a distraction than not having it.

My daughter’s 2018 Model 3 with Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) but without FSD has been updated to version 44.30. I can confirm that EAP functions even with the cabin camera covered. This has not been tested on my other Autopilot-only vehicles yet. I probably won’t update MS since the new update doesn’t offer much for older MS. I need to better understand how the AP Suspension works before I update my MY.

My daughter’s 2018 Model 3 with Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) but without FSD has been updated to version 44.30. I can confirm that EAP functions even with the cabin camera covered. This has not been tested on my other Autopilot-only vehicles yet. I probably won’t update MS since the new update doesn’t offer much for older MS. I need to better understand how the AP Suspension works before I update my MY.
I asked Tesla to clarify; the response I got today was evasive.

What are you all doing that the cabin camera driver monitoring is annoying? Using your phone? Eating?

I'm genuinely curious. I don't really care if you're doing stuff on AP, I'm not going to judge.
Finding something buried down in some secondary menu, scrolling up and down to find on the touch screen that should be a simple button that I could operate without looking off the road.

Tesla fanboys will continue to cope with the nerfed AP update by accusing those that complain of "not driving the car properly." It's unfortunate that no one has figured out how to jailbreak Tesla's software. In the meantime, I will leave wifi disconnected and will hold onto 2023.44.1 until the update is completed by force.

EV6/Corolla/Prius with Comma AI Openpilot is improving while Autopilot/Autosteer/FSD is regressing wtih every update...
We can thank NHTSA and the Tesla haters that complain to NHTSA for this crap. Comma is not on NHTSA's radar.

Finding something buried down in some secondary menu, scrolling up and down to find on the touch screen that should be a simple button that I could operate without looking off the road.

Ah. That's annoying.

I have no idea why, but I don't get excessively dinged for this kind of thing. Offhand I know I've adjusted mirror positions and steering wheel positions and those are both a few layers down in the menus, and didn't have a major problem.

*shrug*