Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates for Model S with swapped steering wheel stalks but no Autopilot (~Sep 2014)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the comments guys.

OK, so I took my Model S "permanently" off Wi-Fi today - this was the second time a major delay in getting the update was ended by switching to 3G.

It may be coincidental, or it might something in my private Wi-Fi setup (great bars though), but I'm going to give this a try, because for all appearances my 6.2 came quite late by TMC standards - as did 6.1.

Both had major delays and both came once I was in 3G territory for a sufficient time, not after being on Wi-Fi. I had waited for 6.2 for weeks and within 12 hours of turning off Wi-Fi the update was available.

I see no benefit in using Wi-Fi either in my use, so there seems to be no harm in trying if this helps at all.

Just my personal experience, and may be coincidental of course.

Got 6.2 installed through 3G no problems, once indeed I had turned off Wi-Fi.

I'm keeping Wi-Fi off. Call me superstitious. :)

Most welcome improvement: Thread-naming stalk light off! Yay. It was terrible the way it shone only sometimes from that location. I couldn't use the cruise much. ;)