Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updating My MS - Window Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently looked into tinting my windows, being in Houston, this is a must have.
Here is my before:
IMG_8697.JPG

Here is the final product:
IMG_8699.JPG

I want to thank the vendors that helped educate me on their product. I ultimately went with:
John Gray at Gulf Coast Auto Shield (832)-264-0670.
He and his team did a fantastic job and had me in and out in under 2 hours. I went with Xpel Prime XR. We stayed legal at 35% in the front, and 20% in the back and rear.

I have some other projects I have started and those will be posted separately.

I have an appointment with him next week to install my Thinkware F770 and look at some carbon fiber wrap on my accent pieces. I am really looking forward to that.

Thanks for looking, and happy driving from Texas.

Richard

I'm told no. If it were an issue a cut out of the tint could solve it, and since its a black camera lense it should not be noticeable. I have the thinkware and a scheduled install for next wednesday, but I may power it up ahead of time to see. I'll definitely post pictures.

Reactions: SMAlset
I recently looked into tinting my windows, being in Houston, this is a must have.
Here is my before:
View attachment 219525

Here is the final product:
View attachment 219526
I want to thank the vendors that helped educate me on their product. I ultimately went with:
John Gray at Gulf Coast Auto Shield (832)-264-0670.
He and his team did a fantastic job and had me in and out in under 2 hours. I went with Xpel Prime XR. We stayed legal at 35% in the front, and 20% in the back and rear.

I have some other projects I have started and those will be posted separately.

I have an appointment with him next week to install my Thinkware F770 and look at some carbon fiber wrap on my accent pieces. I am really looking forward to that.

Thanks for looking, and happy driving from Texas.

Richard
I'm north of San Antonio and need to get my windows tinted. I'll call you guy to see if he recommends anyone over here. Have you thought about after market wheels? I have a 2016 and stayed with the 19" ones; however, I wish they came in chrome and had fewer spokes. i'd prefer a wheel that highlights the red calipers better.