TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Upgrade Cost to 75D (7K or 9K?)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Maximilien, Dec 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Does anyone know whether the cars before 11/22 price hike pays the $9,000 or will we be included in the new crowd for $7,000?

2. Buddy

Buddy Member

I am in that crowd and thenpaymwnt for upgrade is still $9,000

3. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

I see. If the upgrade was like 7K, I was considering the battery upgrade but I guess I will have to pass for now.

4. Cstreet

Cstreet Member

I am 6 months into a 3 year lease on a 60. I wish they had an option where you can unlock it for the remainder of the lease for some pro-rated amount.

5. whitex

whitex Active Member

Maybe it will be only $7K once the post-increase cars get delivered, so probably March time-frame (few may get delivered at the very end of December, but not a lot). In the past when a post delivery upgrade price changed, Tesla used the most current price (for example AP1 activation) rather than the price it was when you ordered your car. That said, this would be the first time an upgrade went down in price, so the policy may change.