Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade costs for SR to SR+/autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an official word out as to what the post-delivery cost is to upgrade from an SR car to SR+, or to add autopilot?

I got an email from an owner advisor that it was $4500 to upgrade to SR+ and $4000 to add autopilot after delivery. And autopilot would not be included in the first one, so it would be $8k to upgrade to an SR+ autopilot after delivery.

This seems a lot higher than what I’d expected. Is my guy misinformed? Is this another area where no one knows whats going on?

Unfortunately no, just like there is no way to get the $100 a year upgrade to premium maps and slacker streaming audio. Like most things I'll wait till end of quarter when they wanna squeeze a dollar.

Eh- they're over a year past where they were supposed to start charging Model S owners without lifetime data for data, and never have.... and coming up in a few weeks on where they'd need to start charging Model 3 owners who bought right after free lifetime data went away.

Tesla seems to be leaving revenue streams on the table for no apparent reason beyond incompetence.

Eh- they're over a year past where they were supposed to start charging Model S owners without lifetime data for data, and never have.... and coming up in a few weeks on where they'd need to start charging Model 3 owners who bought right after free lifetime data went away.

Tesla seems to be leaving revenue streams on the table for no apparent reason beyond incompetence.

I got an SR and they left all the speakers in the car except the sub lol, I can't imagine that saved them more than $200 bucks.

I've spoken with people that work there, it's a mad house. Everyone is worked to the bone, there no time for someone to create the code to enforce the maps unless it's an Elon priority.

Same here! I really with it was $2000. No other auto is charging that much, but no one else is in their level either.

I think you need to look in the market a little more. For example here are the options on a Porsche Taycan:

Taycan AP.png

They want $2k for TACC alone...

I think you need to look in the market a little more. For example here are the options on a Porsche Taycan:

View attachment 454919

They want $2k for TACC alone...

Wow, such great research! You used one company that's known to jack up the price of everything. Here look I can do the same thing:

Did you know that Toyota offers TACC for free?

But in all seriousness, other companies bundle it with different packages so it's hard to gauge the actual cost. I know Audi is around $1800 stand alone.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Wow, such great research! You used one company that's known to jack up the price of everything. Here look I can do the same thing:

I just pulled one example that I knew off the top of my head since I had just looked at their prices.

But you said "I really with it was $2000. No other auto is charging that much." :eek: You didn't say "most other automakers don't charge that much." Or a lot include it for free, etc. And then you even say that Audi charges almost that much for TACC alone... o_O So you knew you were just exaggerating.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricEel