Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade last night (9-1-2017)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an upgrade last night, and I apologize for not noting the release number. However, the release notes were empty except for "This release contains minor fixes and improvements". No other information.

What I can say is my AP2 drive in this morning was noticeably smoother... I'd go so far as to say it was SILLLKY SMOOOTH. Now maybe it was placebo effect, but it seemed much better, smoother, with fewer hiccups due to vague road markings, etc. My commute is primarily Los Gatos to Menlo Park on hwy 85 and 101.

To be fair, I have not had a chance to test the stop and go traffic behavior, where I am anxious for fixes to the wandering car and slowly creeping to the right in the lane issues.

Anybody else get this?

I got the same update last night but I don't have AP2, I have AP1 and didn't test it today.

I had read on here that some people were experiencing problems with Slacker after the update, but I didn't have anything. I really didn't notice a thing.

Glad to hear if the AP2 seemed better.

There are several new ones, be nice to know which you got! And there are two brand new ones 17.34 (last week) and now a brand new one (17.35, this week!) (forget the hash code, the last seven characters, it just makes it harder to read the release number!).

You probably got 17.34, as it seems to be speeding up in releasing...

upload_2017-9-1_16-7-11.png

17.34 2448 cfc arrived last night (Massachusetts, 2017 S90D, AP2) . Autopilot seems smoother, but still is a bit wonky if there are tar lines in the direction of travel. No real notes to say what was added.

Yes, so my version is also 2448cfc. It also now shows multiple cars ahead in display (looks like radar is reporting again). the drive home again was much better than before 2448cfc, I am really optimistic. It was super smooth and smart.

didn't try slacker, I will try that. XM worked fine.

Just to remind you guys, there is also the P90DL software update due to the lawsuit, which also has the no-info description.

The judge made Tesla see the error in their ways and the were/are putting out an update that increases at least P90DL performance back near its original levels, which Tesla had neutered to save warranty costs. Whether or not Tesla removes the throttling from other performance models is unknown I believe.

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

So, just to keep that in mind, when looking at the upgrade schdule.

So who are these few lucky owners that receive these updates before the rest of us get it with general release? Did they agree to do beta test and give Tesla feedback? Should I try to join this list? Probably safer to just wait until the bugs (at least the dangerous ones) have been fixed...

So who are these few lucky owners that receive these updates before the rest of us get it with general release? Did they agree to do beta test and give Tesla feedback? Should I try to join this list? Probably safer to just wait until the bugs (at least the dangerous ones) have been fixed...
No, it’s simply random. Those “lucky few” get to try out the new enhancements but also get to find out stuff like the FWD sensors being less sensitive, Slacker streaming doesn’t work over LTE, and sometimes on previous updates even various Autopilot regressions.

Once they select you to be on a new release series like 2017.32, you tend to get all of the follow up updates too like 2017.32.4, 2017.32.17, and now 2017.34.

The only way to force your car on a new firmware is to bring it into the service center with a service ticket, or if you are really lucky, convince a service employee to manually push it. I’ve tried the latter many times but always got a boilerplate response that they don’t do that as a matter of policy.

Just to remind you guys, there is also the P90DL software update due to the lawsuit, which also has the no-info description.

The judge made Tesla see the error in their ways and the were/are putting out an update that increases at least P90DL performance back near its original levels, which Tesla had neutered to save warranty costs. Whether or not Tesla removes the throttling from other performance models is unknown I believe.

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

So, just to keep that in mind, when looking at the upgrade schdule.
that's freaking awesome - making the P90DL a great used car value. Can you imagine? 8 years of unlimited mileage hooning around under warranty, with unlimited full stop launches! Woot! Poor Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
No, it’s simply random. Those “lucky few” get to try out the new enhancements but also get to find out stuff like the FWD sensors being less sensitive, Slacker streaming doesn’t work over LTE, and sometimes on previous updates even various Autopilot regressions.

Once they select you to be on a new release series like 2017.32, you tend to get all of the follow up updates too like 2017.32.4, 2017.32.17, and now 2017.34.

The only way to force your car on a new firmware is to bring it into the service center with a service ticket, or if you are really lucky, convince a service employee to manually push it. I’ve tried the latter many times but always got a boilerplate response that they don’t do that as a matter of policy.
I've been able to call Tesla support and make a request - they said they tell a local service center to push it out when they have time.

that's freaking awesome - making the P90DL a great used car value. Can you imagine? 8 years of unlimited mileage hooning around under warranty, with unlimited full stop launches! Woot! Poor Tesla.

Yep, reality came and disrupted the disruption...now they may have to start testing and completing development BEFORE they sell products...just like all the square companies. /s

• Funny
Reactions: AnxietyRanger