Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade sound or suspension - if you have to choose one?

Go with -

• Premium sound upgrade

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Air suspension upgrade

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Save money for something else - no upgrades

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear reviewers rave about the Model 3 sound system, do you think this is something that inevitably will get replicated in both the X and S inevitably?
All Model 3s produced so far have come with the premium interior. It's likely that once the premium interior is no longer required that the Model 3 will come with a "cheaper" sound system with fewer speakers.

With that said, the premium package for the S/X also includes the premium sound system. Previously, it was a separate package.

When i ordered my Model S, I compared cars with and without premium audio, and decided the difference was not worth the cost. But since then, after three years of having the car, I have decided that better audio is one thing I wish I had. Since you are looking at used the price difference should be small if anything, so I would try to get it if you can -- unless you only listen to AM talk radio or something else other than music. But as someone else said, if you find an otherwise perfect car, you can always add better audio later with aftermarket upgrades. (Maybe I should, too!)