Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade your Audio after Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the NVX 10" sub kit and installed it myself for less than $1200.

I also just bought 4 Infinity Kappa 62.11i speakers and am replacing my door speakers this month as well as adding some sound deadener material inside the door panels.

Total cost less than $1500 but I've done all my own labor. Really pleased with results when evaluated against cost.

I also just bought 4 Infinity Kappa 62.11i speakers and am replacing my door speakers this month as well as adding some sound deadener material inside the door panels.

Total cost less than $1500 but I've done all my own labor. Really pleased with results when evaluated against cost.
Wow! Thats what I'm talking about!! Is your garage available for Saturday Install???;)

I was thinking to add the NVX sub BOOST kit and wondering if it may void warranty or need to be removed for service, as the sub is mounted on the charger port side.
I was quoted $262 and 2.5hrs for installation plus cost of the kit, here in norcal bay area.
Mulling on it.......

Be aware that just adding a new sub and door speakers without addressing the amps and crossovers (far more important), you will not realize the capabilities of those speakers. I got a Reus system (could be any pro audio shop that really knows what they are doing), and he did not even replace the door speakers, just a new sub and tweeters (including a new behind the mirror tweeter). The real secret was in the amps/crossovers and the tuning. Sound is amazing!

Just saying, just popping new speakers will have a somewhat limited impact given the cost/labor, but if you can do the install yourself, $1250 is certainly is more affordable than $4k+, but I can assure you the difference is dramatic.

BTW, Reus is in Southern CA (Anaheim), so not too far from the OP.

Be aware that just adding a new sub and door speakers without addressing the amps and crossovers (far more important), you will not realize the capabilities of those speakers. I got a Reus system (could be any pro audio shop that really knows what they are doing), and he did not even replace the door speakers, just a new sub and tweeters (including a new behind the mirror tweeter). The real secret was in the amps/crossovers and the tuning. Sound is amazing!

Just saying, just popping new speakers will have a somewhat limited impact given the cost/labor, but if you can do the install yourself, $1250 is certainly is more affordable than $4k+, but I can assure you the difference is dramatic.

Correct.

How much was your Reus system if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't aware they did a system that didn't include at least the front door speakers.

How much was your Reus system if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't aware they did a system that didn't include at least the front door speakers.

I was surprised by this as well, but according to them the stock speakers are not bad...its the other items (amp, crossovers, tuning, woofer) that are really lacking. They do install new pillar tweeters though, and add an additional center channel speaker as an optional upgrade.

BNSFE I am also in Rancho and have been thinking about an audio upgrade to my MS (standard audio). The NVX sub kit is on my list to pickup soon. If you wanted to do a install party let me know, I have tools and have installed many stereo systems.

I was bummed to miss your wheels, I would have picked them up!

Price list is confidential, but you can spend from 3k to 6k as I recall. I was in between there. Keep in mind I had the UHFS upgrade as well, so not sure of the door speakers in the standard system are kept if upgrading from the standard. In my case he kept the Tesla subwoofer from UHFS, but not as a sub, but for a narrow band of mid-low frequencies (again, crossovers are key), and he installed the new Reus subwoofer as the real subwoofer in one of the trunk compartments (charging port side).

BNSFE I am also in Rancho and have been thinking about an audio upgrade to my MS (standard audio). The NVX sub kit is on my list to pickup soon. If you wanted to do a install party let me know, I have tools and have installed many stereo systems.

I was bummed to miss your wheels, I would have picked them up!
Hey in Rancho? Let me know when you decide what your going to do and when and would love to come over for support or extra pair of hands! Also have my 21"s on here and we could make a deal if you feel the courage to install my system!

About $1500 in gear plus labor, eh? Yikes. Tripling that wouldn’t be far off at any high-end audio shop, yeah.

Makes the Reus systems, which I recommend, even more of a value than they already are.

Note that with a Reus system, it’s the last upgraded audio system you’ll have to buy, as they’ll move it from current car to next car for the cost of labor only.

How did the Kappa 62.11i install go? Any pictures? After cutting out the factory speakers did the new ones epoxy into the old mounts easy?

3ED4FBAA-0FEE-47EC-9DAD-5814A4C50401.jpeg
BB407227-876A-40EF-A234-B5795F615968.jpeg
047CEA05-7FB4-499B-A80F-7DAE0CEA2E02.jpeg
994F645D-5ADB-4631-92CA-E2B969596B29.jpeg
A7C28C4A-E6A5-4C81-9A3E-CA1F37A3943A.jpeg
4562A0BC-C085-4608-8681-E47A89E85E8C.jpeg
D86C2B46-D145-4E19-9100-89A0A226F937.jpeg
Depending on if you can do the labor yourself, $2.5-$5K will afford you an excellent upgrade over the base and premium Tesla sound system.

I recently added Alpine Type R speakers, JL Audio Sub, JL amp, and LCi6 line out converter. I also added sound deadener to all of the doors. It sounds amazing. I’ll provide a full write up and video soon. But here are some pictures as a preview.

Reactions: Swift and davidc18