Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upload data (one of the geeks)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noted something interesting recently, my car is uploading A LOT of data very soon after I get home from any journey. I have driven the car twice since Sunday - about 100(ish) miles and it has uploaded 1.5GB.

This has been happening for a while now, seems pretty much every drive further than the local shops is resulting in fairly significant uploads.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-07-02 105815.png
    Annotation 2020-07-02 105815.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 98
Noted something interesting recently, my car is uploading A LOT of data very soon after I get home from any journey. I have driven the car twice since Sunday - about 100(ish) miles and it has uploaded 1.5GB.

This has been happening for a while now, seems pretty much every drive further than the local shops is resulting in fairly significant uploads.
Looks like its been shopping at Amazon Prime!

Interestingly enough, so has mine. I've also apparently been downloading a massive amount of data. I've had no updates that would correlate with this activity though. Monday and Tuesday this week.

I did have an open ticket (referenced in the other threads about charging and bluetooth issues) but that was closed on Friday last week as they knew about the issue and said a fix was coming in the next update. Seems odd to then have this activity afterwards.

upload_2020-7-2_12-4-37.jpeg

Interestingly enough, so has mine. I've also apparently been downloading a massive amount of data. I've had no updates that would correlate with this activity though. Monday and Tuesday this week.

I did have an open ticket (referenced in the other threads about charging and bluetooth issues) but that was closed on Friday last week as they knew about the issue and said a fix was coming in the next update. Seems odd to then have this activity afterwards.

View attachment 559525

Wow 20GB+ is huge, map update maybe as a precursor to some traffic light automation? Strangely I also had the bluetooth sound issue and made a service appointment which was cancelled after they said it would be fixed in the next update.

It's an interesting point. I'd be mighty annoyed if I had a data-limited broadband subscription and the car was chewing through that amount of my data!
What would surprise me more would be having a £40k car and capped Home broadband! Is that even a thing anymore?

we’re heading into a period when everything is connected, from your fridge to your pets. It’s going to be pretty hard to manage life on a limited data unless one relocates to a log cabin. I know mobiles have caps but surely someone would know this if they used it as a WiFi hotspot?

View attachment 559525
What apps that thats showing the data usage? Assume its your wifi / router but I like the simple view