Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset that Tesla screwed customers who took delivery in the last few months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ IMO
posting strictly from investor stand point.
The latest Tesla moves/ news is Solid if you’re BULLISH on the stock long term. I’ve owned the stock since 2014 and had a six-figure loss on paper in 2022 choosing to hold. I could made sale at $400 share (ouch) could have sold and bought back 4x more at $102 late December. It is what it is.

Long term……

These massive price cuts should also put Tesla way ahead of its competition. Tesla is going to put a lot of pressure on the competition. Tesla can afford to make smaller margins for a long time. However, Tesla's price cuts will greatly pressure GM and other EV makers in the US: particularly GM and VW.

Last edited:
^^^ IMO
posting strictly from investor stand point.
The latest Tesla moves/ news is Solid if you’re BULLISH on the stock long term. I’ve owned the stock since 2014 and had a six-figure loss on paper in 2022 choosing to hold. I could made sale at $400 share (ouch) could have sold and bought back 4x more at $102 late December. It is what it is.

Long term……

These massive price cuts should also put Tesla way ahead of its competition. Tesla is going to put a lot of pressure on the competition. Tesla can afford to make smaller margins for a long time. However, Tesla's price cuts will greatly pressure GM and other EV makers in the US: particularly GM and VW.
Agree. TSLA's currently undervalued stock is based on current macro conditions, not on the company's strong fins. Long term, it's a solid investment (unlike their cars, which contrary to the unfortunate belief of some here, is NOT an investment). This price decrease is the perfect move at this time for the company, leaving every other EV manu in a very difficult position

Accumulate, accumulate, accumulate...

With Tesla doing large price drops on their new cars how much value loss is on the Teslas people already own? Has trade in values crashed? How much is a Model 3 or Y worth on the used market right now? Will we see more repossessions due to people walking away from high car payments since their vehicle is worth way less than it was a month ago?
1) The used car market has been on a steep decline for 12+ weeks now.
2) The auto delinquency and repossession rates have also been increasing some time now due to the recession, interest rates, energy prices, and people being squeezed in a severe way by inflation. Despite the desire of some Representatives to redefine what a recession is to fit their own purpose, we entered a recession a while ago with the two consecutive quarters of declines. It's macroeconomics 101.
3) No one is going to "walk away" from their Tesla auto loan due to the value of their car. Doing so will destroy their credit, and they can be sued by the lender for any additional funds owed after the repossession.

While I personally think it's crazy to pay 65k+ for a hatchback, enough people obviously were willing to do so, and valued it as such when they decided to buy. The people who bought their Tesla prior to the price change still have the same vehicle, and it will do the same things as before. It's best to keep it, drive it for a long time, and don't worry about this price adjustment.

Agree. TSLA's currently undervalued stock is based on current macro conditions, not on the company's strong fins. Long term, it's a solid investment (unlike their cars, which contrary to the unfortunate belief of some here, is NOT an investment). This price decrease is the perfect move at this time for the company, leaving every other EV manu in a very difficult position

Accumulate, accumulate, accumulate...
Tesla's stock is only undervalued if they are a tech company. They're only a tech company if FSD or some other must have tech product actually comes to fruition, which is looking less and less likely.

It’s a mobile computer
Robo taxis- fsd development
energy- batteries- charging stations-
Solar - software just for starters and add CYBERTRUCK release this year

Tesla is creating software, a lot of software. Software is at the essence of Tesla’s unique infotainment system, user experience, and autonomous-driving features. Tesla has implemented over-the-air updates for years, while other automakers are just about to try this. Tesla vehicles have operating systems designed and constantly improved by Tesla staff.

According to Wikipedia, a tech company is a type of business entity that focuses mainly on the development and manufacturing of technology products or providing technology as a service. The Free Dictionary points out that a car company is a company that makes and sells automobiles

Last edited:
Anyone here in Ontario Canada who took Model Y LR delivery in late Dec 2022 - with $5000 reduction and 10000 Supercharger Kms? How do you feel about this latest price reduction? Has anyone reached out to Tesla to do something about it - if so what has the response been like? Further to that, has anyone submitted or considered submitting OMVIC and/or Consumer Protection Ontario complaints to push pressure on Tesla to do something about it? If enough of us do it, maybe Tesla will actually think hard about doing something about it.

My story/rationale here is as follows:
I took delivery of mine in that late Dec 2022 period, and I feel quite bad as it’s still ~$10,000 CAD difference (without taxes and cost of financing layered on) between prices then and now (originally would be ~$15,000). I see people on this thread giving examples to justify Tesla’s capitalist move… yes, prices of a product can go down after purchase, but even in those cases most manufacturers/retailers offer price adjustment and/or option to return and get refund within 30 days of purchase… whereas in the case of cars getting a cash refund/adjustment is simply unlikely once you take delivery… I get that… however it’s the unethical behavior from Tesla as a company, and Tesla sales advisors that I am most pissed about. Well… they were actually cold calling customers like me (likely due to a previous test drive) in late Dec year to say this is one a kind discount and it will expire at the end of the year with prices going back, so best to take advantage of it… thus creating an artificial demand and false illusion. I am sure they knew the numbers were not tracking well for Dec delivery targets and thus prices may have to be slashed further, but they marketed it as the opposite. Moreover, now this reduction has happened, Tesla has not even thought about folks who have taken delivery within the last 2 weeks or even 30 days (I know some people here took delivery up to 6 months before these discounts and they also feel bad, but to me, that is an eternity; barely any retailer offers refunds/price adjustments for that long of period, so I would not hold that against Tesla, if I was in that position personally - I will still be somewhat upset, which is understandable… as differences are still pretty large). When I asked my Tesla advisors what they can do to make things right, their response is a blunt no/nothing. I mean, from my perspective, they could try to make up for it, by giving free or subsidized software upgrades like FSD to offset the financial loss… still not same as cash back if you didn’t need those overpriced software upgrades in the first place, but realistically speaking I doubt Tesla will refund the money back, so that might be our best bet, and I will gladly take it. I mean I don’t have issues with my car (yet) - so far so good. I got it because I like/wanted it. The financial loss and unethical behavior from Tesla is very disheartening and worrisome however - so if Tesla offered upgrades like above, it will tell me that they go value their customers and will earn back my goodwill. Else, regardless of how the car drives, Tesla surely lost 1 future customer… and I am sure I am not the only one in that boat!

It’s a mobile computer
Robo taxis- fsd development
energy- batteries- charging stations-
Solar - software just for starters and add CYBERTRUCK release this year

Tesla is creating software, a lot of software. Software is at the essence of Tesla’s unique infotainment system, user experience, and autonomous-driving features. Tesla has implemented over-the-air updates for years, while other automakers are just about to try this. Tesla vehicles have operating systems designed and constantly improved by Tesla staff.

According to Wikipedia, a tech company is a type of business entity that focuses mainly on the development and manufacturing of technology products or providing technology as a service. The Free Dictionary points out that a car company is a company that makes and sells automobiles
I'm referring specifically to stock valuations. Tech company multiples, profit margins, and growth trajectories are entirely different than car manufacturers.

I'm not saying Tesla is, or is not, a tech company. I am saying that they are only undervalued if you believe 1. They ARE a tech company and 2. The promises they have continuously made, but failed to deliver on, will eventually come to fruition.

Anyone here in Ontario Canada who took Model Y LR delivery in late Dec 2022 - with $5000 reduction and 10000 Supercharger Kms? How do you feel about this latest price reduction? Has anyone reached out to Tesla to do something about it - if so what has the response been like? Further to that, has anyone submitted or considered submitting OMVIC and/or Consumer Protection Ontario complaints to push pressure on Tesla to do something about it? If enough of us do it, maybe Tesla will actually think hard about doing something about it.

My story/rationale here is as follows:
I took delivery of mine in that late Dec 2022 period, and I feel quite bad as it’s still ~$10,000 CAD difference (without taxes and cost of financing layered on) between prices then and now (originally would be ~$15,000). I see people on this thread giving examples to justify Tesla’s capitalist move… yes, prices of a product can go down after purchase, but even in those cases most manufacturers/retailers offer price adjustment and/or option to return and get refund within 30 days of purchase… whereas in the case of cars getting a cash refund/adjustment is simply unlikely once you take delivery… I get that… however it’s the unethical behavior from Tesla as a company, and Tesla sales advisors that I am most pissed about. Well… they were actually cold calling customers like me (likely due to a previous test drive) in late Dec year to say this is one a kind discount and it will expire at the end of the year with prices going back, so best to take advantage of it… thus creating an artificial demand and false illusion. I am sure they knew the numbers were not tracking well for Dec delivery targets and thus prices may have to be slashed further, but they marketed it as the opposite. Moreover, now this reduction has happened, Tesla has not even thought about folks who have taken delivery within the last 2 weeks or even 30 days (I know some people here took delivery up to 6 months before these discounts and they also feel bad, but to me, that is an eternity; barely any retailer offers refunds/price adjustments for that long of period, so I would not hold that against Tesla, if I was in that position personally - I will still be somewhat upset, which is understandable… as differences are still pretty large). When I asked my Tesla advisors what they can do to make things right, their response is a blunt no/nothing. I mean, from my perspective, they could try to make up for it, by giving free or subsidized software upgrades like FSD to offset the financial loss… still not same as cash back if you didn’t need those overpriced software upgrades in the first place, but realistically speaking I doubt Tesla will refund the money back, so that might be our best bet, and I will gladly take it. I mean I don’t have issues with my car (yet) - so far so good. I got it because I like/wanted it. The financial loss and unethical behavior from Tesla is very disheartening and worrisome however - so if Tesla offered upgrades like above, it will tell me that they go value their customers and will earn back my goodwill. Else, regardless of how the car drives, Tesla surely lost 1 future customer… and I am sure I am not the only one in that boat!
Get ready for a flood of crazies boasting about how dumb you are, how smart they are, and how you deserve to be out all of that money and should get no compensation because ThE mArKeT, CaPiTaLiSm, ElOn Is My FaThEr, and other ReAsOnS.

I'm referring specifically to stock valuations. Tech company multiples, profit margins, and growth trajectories are entirely different than car manufacturers.

I'm not saying Tesla is, or is not, a tech company. I am saying that they are only undervalued if you believe 1. They ARE a tech company and 2. The promises they have continuously made, but failed to deliver on, will eventually come to fruition.
There actually overvalued still. The stock will fall to $50 before it truly rises again. If teslas salsa don’t improve by 200% over the next year he will single hardly have destroyed tesla. Investors will bail and he will be even more broke.

Tesla only bumped up a few dollars after this announcement because it was heavily shorted and shorts covered there positions to reduce the risk of profit loss. Once they realize it’s not going up they will pile back on taking tesla to $75. If the news was so great as people think the stock should have rebounded to $150 instantly.

Reactions: tonyz1

Understood: ^
If you look at the leaders/ growth tech sector all got crushed in 2022. 35-75% down

Tesla / Apple / Microsoft/ Amazon
Brutal and in short term next 6 months things could get worse.

There actually overvalued still. The stock will fall to $50 before it truly rises again. If teslas salsa don’t improve by 200% over the next year he will single hardly have destroyed tesla. Investors will bail and he will be even more broke.

Tesla only bumped up a few dollars after this announcement because it was heavily shorted and shorts covered their positions to reduce the risk of profit loss. Once they realize it’s not going up they will pile back on taking tesla to $75. If the news was so great as people think the stock should have rebounded to $150 instantly.

I pulled out the magic 8 ball gave it a great big shake it said
“It’s highly unlikely “ it gets anywhere near $50
The stock could’ve got trashed by WS when cuts were announced earlier this week. Like cnbc and cnn were saying would happen.
In fact stock has moved about ^ $20 since first few 2023 trading sessions when it was $101 currently sitting $122.
I do think in the short term there’s turmoil ahead for all TECH but I can’t see it dropping under $ 85 we shall see

Last edited:
Get ready for a flood of crazies boasting about how dumb you are, how smart they are, and how you deserve to be out all of that money and should get no compensation because ThE mArKeT, CaPiTaLiSm, ElOn Is My FaThEr, and other ReAsOnS.
Nobody “deserves” to be out of that money any more than anyone “deserves” compensation.

Just the facts, ma’am. Life ain’t fair. You win some, you lose some. Vote with your wallet. Some people are always gonna be more comfortable with the opaque dealer model because it keeps reality obscured and protects against exposure to those most human of emotions.

Cool story ….
but the magic 8 ball said
“It’s highly unlikely “ it gets anywhere near $50
The stock could’ve got trashed by WS when cuts were announced earlier this week. Like cnbc and cnn were saying would happen.
In fact stock has moved about ^ $20 since first few 2023 trading sessions when it was $101 currently sitting $122
I was being generious on those price estimates. In reality its going back to < $25. Any price increases durring this fall is short covering to reduce risk. There is no where to go but down. It hasnt even started capitalization.

tesla.png

You should call Cathie Wood and some other bulls and you may get a consulting fee bonus with your evaluation 🤘👍 tongue in cheek

Someone just posted they think Lucid is going to ZERO in the next year.
Ford down 70% GM down 55% Rivian 77%
Nikola VW Toyota Nissan 35%

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodKarma
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.