Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Superchargers open to CCS vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • I am a Tesla driver, what additional benefits do I get compared to other electric vehicles?
    As a Tesla driver you benefit from the seamless integration of charge post and vehicle, optimized route planning and battery pre-conditioning. With your Tesla, you’ll also have access to the lowest Supercharger pricing.

So who will be the first to post a video or image of this working? Just go into the Tesla app, click your acct. then sipe left on the icons below your image and choose Charge Your Non-Tesla and you'll see all the chargers you can use:

B42F82B2-E5BD-41F6-82A8-79ECC1B664F1_1_201_a.jpeg

West coast:

Placerville, CA
Scott's Valley, CA

3CC2C96A-3CF3-450C-8CC7-1924ACEA4C9B_1_201_a.jpeg

East Coast:

Batavia, NY
Brewster, NY
Hancock, NY
Fredonia, NY
Malta, NY
Parish, NY
Red Hook, NY
Verona, NY

Last edited:
Do we know if the Magic Dock will eventually be a consumer product that can be used at any Supercharger location in North America?
I don't see how this would work. In order for it to work, you have to use the Tesla app to select the specific stall you are at to enable charging. If you just brought your own Magic Dock connector to an arbitrary Supercharger that doesn't have a Magic Dock already, the app wouldn't have the pin for your to select your stall & start charging.

Reactions: scottf200
I don't see how this would work. In order for it to work, you have to use the Tesla app to select the specific stall you are at to enable charging. If you just brought your own Magic Dock connector to an arbitrary Supercharger that doesn't have a Magic Dock already, the app wouldn't have the pin for your to select your stall & start charging.

That seems like a software problem. Make the app identify your location and then ask you which stall you're parked in. Plug adapter into cable, then plug into car. Supercharger negotiates and starts sending electrons.

I wonder how Tesla is deciding what Superchargers to install Magic Docks at?

imagine-ccs-charging-every-other-stall-jpg.912494

I think the Tesla App should ask two questions:

- 1. Which Charger number are you using?

- 2. Which Charger location are you parked?

Otherwise, in the picture above, if there are four Non-Tesla charging using two spots location,
then none will be accessible, but the Tesla App will mention four available.