Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USAA doubled premium!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. It sounds like your agent has an ax to grind with EVs.

Lol I don't think it's that... I think it's just more like the Insurance companies know Tesla owners are wealthier than average and now have "savings" coming from gas. So they can arbitrage them with higher rates and nobody's going to really do anything about it.

Kind of like charging solar customers more fixed costs for grid-access. Whatchu going to do about it? You're saving all this $ with your panels!

Reactions: jboy210
Lol I don't think it's that... I think it's just more like the Insurance companies know Tesla owners are wealthier than average and now have "savings" coming from gas. So they can arbitrage them with higher rates and nobody's going to really do anything about it.

Kind of like charging solar customers more fixed costs for grid-access. Whatchu going to do about it? You're saving all this $ with your panels!
Hmmm. Are the insurance companies working with the power companies? Do they want to stick all of us "rich" people with a $200/mo income fee for having their insurance card in the glove box!!!

Hmmm. Are the insurance companies working with the power companies? Do they want to stick all of us "rich" people with a $200/mo income fee for having their insurance card in the glove box!!!

Haha at least you didn't have to add a $1mm rider to have PG&E as a named insured on your homeowners insurance.

BARF.
1682367633961.png

FYI, Section II is:
Limit of Liability - Section 2
$1,000,000 Personal Liability
$5,000 Medical Payments to Others

But for real, the insurance companies are just profit-making entities. Which don't have to worry about a CPUC. If the insurance carriers know they can price higher premiums to EV buyers and the EV buyers just pay the higher premiums, they're going to do it.