Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB music button not showing up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having an issue where the USB button stopped showing up on the screen when I get into the car. It has been happening for about a month. I'm not sure what update it happened after. The button will appear if I pull the usb drive (under center console) out and put it back in. Is anyone else having this issue? I did not make any changes to the usb drive.

I'm having an issue where the USB button stopped showing up on the screen when I get into the car. It has been happening for about a month. I'm not sure what update it happened after. The button will appear if I pull the usb drive (under center console) out and put it back in. Is anyone else having this issue? I did not make any changes to the usb drive.
Yeah there was/is a known bug with the way an update mounts the drive. it was supposed to be fixed in 2022.16.1.1 I just received it the other day so we'll see if it fixes the usb mounting issue. I did see one post that it did not I'm hoping that was incorrect since I saw SA posts that's it's fixed in .16

Upvote 0
Software bug in 2022.12.X series. If removing and inserting doesn’t work, reboot center console computer. Issue related to computer not mounting / recognizing devices attached to usb.

Reactions: Dan888
Upvote 0
It's working fine now here with 2022.16.1.1. BTW: if you want it to resume where you left off then DO NOT use the button. Use the voice command "switch to usb". Then once the song resumes if you want to see the other songs in the album or the folder, switch to usb on the screen and navigate to the album or folder.

Upvote 0
this is related to software issue and with last update it should resolve now. You are not alone there are hundreds of other owners with same problem, i am one of them, hope this helps

Reactions: Dan888
Upvote 0
It's working fine now here with 2022.16.1.1. BTW: if you want it to resume where you left off then DO NOT use the button. Use the voice command "switch to usb". Then once the song resumes if you want to see the other songs in the album or the folder, switch to usb on the screen and navigate to the album or folder.
Thanks a lot, that was really bugging me also! I’ll follow your advice

Reactions: BitJam
Upvote 0