Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla from Tesla in Oz?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Warrick posted this video:

It seems that Tesla Australia has inventory of used Tesla that they sell off for a discount? presumably this is not listed on carsales.com.au? unlike the USA Tesla, Australia does not have Used Inventory listed on their website, so are the cars certified or have a special warranty?

Interestingly Ive just had a trade in offer for my S85 from Richmond with 75,000+ Kms on the clock ( pre EOFY ) . I was very disappointment with the $75,000 trade In offer against the prospect of a P100DL. The remark was made that once my beast passes over the 80,000Kms it would be expected to fall a further $10K the next day once factory warranty is expired.

The maths is as follows: Loss in Equity since delivery $80,000 over 28 months of ownership. It represents a depreciation rate of 52%/28 months or about 22.5% Per year cumulative.

Translated in $ terms that's a rate of $34875 in Year 1, $26420 year 2 etc.
having done the hard numbers the jump to the new beast works out in my case to $50,000 more than the original purchase price($155K) in totality. Needless to say I filed my ego under "Not gunna happen" and went back to work.....

I haven't been watching too closely but what experience does anyone have selling on the open market and how do the numbers stack up more favourably.?

Interestingly Ive just had a trade in offer for my S85 from Richmond with 75,000+ Kms on the clock ( pre EOFY ) . I was very disappointment with the $75,000 trade In offer against the prospect of a P100DL. The remark was made that once my beast passes over the 80,000Kms it would be expected to fall a further $10K the next day once factory warranty is expired.

The maths is as follows: Loss in Equity since delivery $80,000 over 28 months of ownership. It represents a depreciation rate of 52%/28 months or about 22.5% Per year cumulative.

Translated in $ terms that's a rate of $34875 in Year 1, $26420 year 2 etc.
To be fair 80,000km in 28 months is higher than most people do - I'd expect that depreciation on an ICE vehicle would be the same.

Reactions: miimura
Interestingly Ive just had a trade in offer for my S85 from Richmond with 75,000+ Kms on the clock ( pre EOFY ) . I was very disappointment with the $75,000 trade In offer against the prospect of a P100DL. The remark was made that once my beast passes over the 80,000Kms
I haven't been watching too closely but what experience does anyone have selling on the open market and how do the numbers stack up more favourably.?

Any time a model S falls under $100K it sells like a hot cake. I’ve seen cars on car sales that are listed at $155K ish and then hang around for ages, but then they put the price down and they go. The trade in or buy back prices from Tesla are stupidly low IMHO and are for the lazy or dis-interested in selling on car sales people, no offence meant to anyone.

There was a high KM 85 listed recently, came from Evoke Limo hire in Sydney, hence the high K’s. Autopilot, few options like tech pack. It had $85K on it and 85,000 km’s from memory. Lasted less than a week.

I’ve seen others with less K’s sell immediately once they drop under $100,000. This is pretty consistent. If you listed your car for $85K I would think it would sell in a very short time. $10K higher than the trade in offer for a $70 listing fee.

Any time a model S falls under $100K it sells like a hot cake. I’ve seen cars on car sales that are listed at $155K ish and then hang around for ages, but then they put the price down and they go. The trade in or buy back prices from Tesla are stupidly low IMHO and are for the lazy or dis-interested in selling on car sales people, no offence meant to anyone.

There was a high KM 85 listed recently, came from Evoke Limo hire in Sydney, hence the high K’s. Autopilot, few options like tech pack. It had $85K on it and 85,000 km’s from memory. Lasted less than a week.

I’ve seen others with less K’s sell immediately once they drop under $100,000. This is pretty consistent. If you listed your car for $85K I would think it would sell in a very short time. $10K higher than the trade in offer for a $70 listing fee.
The Evoke Model S 85 listed for sale had over 130,000 km on it. Even so, $85k was cheep.