Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Model 3s pricing error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now Tesla.com updated that more than 200 miles for delivery may charge up to $4000 as below...

If you cannot find a car in your area, place an order on Tesla.com or visit your local store. Transport fees for vehicles farther than 200 miles from your delivery address are up to $4,000. (Delivery Location)

• Informative
Reactions: vtvox
Thanks for the updates of releasing the holds and current status of their Orders.
Lets keep post here if there are any one releasing their holds and some one is in this forum/Thread is looking out for the deals. So that they can be alarmed and picked up the released ones without missing.

So just a FYI for everyone, including those that have reached out to me, I actually went a little crazy the other day and put deposits down on 4 different cars.

I asked about transferring them to others who are interested and my Used vehicle SA said it wasn't possible so I'm going to get a refund for those and they will be released for sale.

Not sure how or when that would happen but wanted to give you guys a heads up. They were great options but these required transport where as the one I went with didnt.

Here they are - with LOCATIONS (which would've been helpful from the beginning!):
  • Grey | Long Range RWD | 19" wheels | 1,800 miles
    • $37.8k (35.8 + 2k transport from New Jersey)
  • Black | Long Range AWD | 19" wheels | 832 miles
    • $42.7k (40.7 + 2k transport from San Diego)
  • Black / White!! | Long Range AWD | 19" wheels | 4,611 mile)
    • $44.2k (42.2 + 2k transport from Chicago)
If you dont require transport for these, jump on them when they are released!

WOW! I tried my best to help transfer some of my reservations but unfortunately was unable to. Just saw them re-listed for WAYYYY more!

NOW: $48.4k ($6.2k increase)
NOW: $43.8k ($6k increase)

WOW! I tried my best to help transfer some of my reservations but unfortunately was unable to. Just saw them re-listed for WAYYYY more!

Yup and it's all your fault. Reserving 4 is selfish. Do you also lay empty blankets everywhere on the best seating areas for July 4th fireworks?

Give me a break. I tried transferring them to others and when I couldn't I released them that day. You can get mad at whoever you want but Tesla changed the price.

As a shareholder, I thank you protecting gross margins.

With that said, hate Tesla’s amateur hour antics for anything customer facing.

Any gaming of the system is entirely the fault of Tesla.

These SR+'s are priced terribly. And none with white interior nor any reds. Booooooooo

The new used pricing on the 50 or so cars they just uploaded is the same as the old used pricing model Makes no sense to buy used at these prices especially if you don’t know the location of the car and have to pay thousands to transport it.

If the listing has real pics of the car, look at the interior shot of the screen and you can see the location

Ex: This one shows Riverside, CA

2019 Model 3 | Tesla

3P6IDxY.png

Now Tesla.com updated that more than 200 miles for delivery may charge up to $4000 as below...

If you cannot find a car in your area, place an order on Tesla.com or visit your local store. Transport fees for vehicles farther than 200 miles from your delivery address are up to $4,000. (Delivery Location)
Ridiculous. Their shipping fees are a huge profit maker for them. Shouldn’t cost much more than $1000 to ship a car across the country.

Ridiculous. Their shipping fees are a huge profit maker for them. Shouldn’t cost much more than $1000 to ship a car across the country.

Most of their staff is in California. You must have no idea how much it cost to even get someone out of bed in this state.

Profit and Tesla are not two words that coexists in the same sentence unless you throw a “no” in there.

Shipping an individualized VIN is not the same as shipping a “case pack” of Model 3s from Fremont.

That MSM RWD went up $8k not $6K based on above!

The newly available Used Mid Range prices are the most puzzling. In many cases the cost is the same or higher than the same trims in the Long Range versions???

Reactions: Daniel_6