Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Model 3s pricing error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought that white with 4k miles lol I know the 18s are more efficient but the 19s look so nice lol now I think I can afford FSD

I think you would be fine a car with 4k miles actually. That just sounds like a demo car, and even as picky as I am I would generally consider a demo car with a decent discount. The ones that bother me specifically are the ones with large discounts and almost no miles.

Just be sure that the car has not been titled before, so that its new, if you are expecting to get federal tax credits / state rebates. If a car has been titled it doesnt qualify for most of that and is a used car (even if low miles) which would be one explanation as to why the prices are lower... they would have to be to compensate for not being able to get rebates IF the car has been titled.

Reactions: shiftkenny
I think you would be fine a car with 4k miles actually. That just sounds like a demo car, and even as picky as I am I would generally consider a demo car with a decent discount. The ones that bother me specifically are the ones with large discounts and almost no miles.

Just be sure that the car has not been titled before, so that its new, if you are expecting to get federal tax credits / state rebates. If a car has been titled it doesnt qualify for most of that and is a used car (even if low miles) which would be one explanation as to why the prices are lower... they would have to be to compensate for not being able to get rebates IF the car has been titled.
I'm pretty sure it's titled as its being sold used. But I'll double check

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I bought one for $33k, red lr rwd with 1.5k miles around 10pm pst on Friday, they were all gone in under 20 mins. The car I bought had a lot of photos of the actual car (not just the stock photos) and looked great. So doesn't seem like any re-repaired car. In any case let's see if Tesla delivers, fingers crossed.

I bought one for $33k, red lr rwd with 1.5k miles around 10pm pst on Friday, they were all gone in under 20 mins. The car I bought had a lot of photos of the actual car (not just the stock photos) and looked great. So doesn't seem like any re-repaired car. In any case let's see if Tesla delivers, fingers crossed.
Has anyone reached out to you yet? I just applied for a loan and asking for insurance quotes

Has anyone reached out to you yet? I just applied for a loan and asking for insurance quotes
I went through the whole process online, it gave me an option to pick up in Fremont or San Francisco (I picked Fremont), it's only waiting for me to pay, all the other steps are complete. Planning to do that after I get confirmation on delivery date from someone live on Monday.

Congrats.

I would be interested to know if your used Tesla has been titled before, which means would not qualify for the Tax incentive.

In any case it would be interesting to know if the used Teslas are showroom demos or loaner cars, or returned before 7 days, or customer rejects. Can you inquire about your RWD ?

I also noticed that a couple of AWDs that were listed came from the Mannheim auto auction at Newburgh NY. Repossessed ?

Congrats.

I would be interested to know if your used Tesla has been titled before, which means would not qualify for the Tax incentive.

In any case it would be interesting to know if the used Teslas are showroom demos or loaner cars, or returned before 7 days, or customer rejects. Can you inquire about your RWD ?

I also noticed that a couple of AWDs that were listed came from the Mannheim auto auction at Newburgh NY. Repossessed ?

It's a used car, so no tax incentives. I think mine was a trade in, since it had around 1.5k miles and they had taken a lot of detailed photos of the actual car which they posted on the website. The 7 days return only applies if you drive less than 1000 miles. Showroom cars are never titled, so they are sold as new, not an used car.

Kinda regret not getting this one...

KqBS3D7.png

But then when I think about the LR AWD's that were in the same price range I don't feel so bad... but then again, when are LR AWD's going to pop up on there like that again... oh Tesla...

If they are used, they do not qualify for the tax incentive. I confirmed this with a Tesla rep a few weeks ago when I was looking at used M3s.

Depends on titling not used. Tesla can run test drives and not title the vehicle acting ad “dealer vehicle” in certain states.

If vehicle was not titled then they can sell as “new” even if it has 5000 miles on it and you can claim rebates.

One could get lucky but I have seen Tesla selling new vehicles with 3000 miles before.

Reactions: gaswalla
Depends on titling not used. Tesla can run test drives and not title the vehicle acting ad “dealer vehicle” in certain states.

If vehicle was not titled then they can sell as “new” even if it has 5000 miles on it and you can claim rebates.

One could get lucky but I have seen Tesla selling new vehicles with 3000 miles before.

It's my understanding that they sell these as "demo cars" and discount them. They don't sell them as used. What I have found out is that cars with very low miles listed as used had title issued to an owner and are typically cars that were returned within the 7 day/1000 mile window. Otherwise, used is used.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker