Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Model 3s pricing error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah people are worried about condition, who cares it’s a 35k performance 3! That’s a 20k discount for barely any miles

Right. I was looking to just get an SR+

That white one new is $41,490 and was listed for $33,200. $8,290 discount with only 355 miles

Really hope something like this pops up again soon.... don't know how much longer I can wait.... I really can't get a new car now after these prices!

That white one new is $41,490 and was listed for $33,200. $8,290 discount with only 355 miles

Really hope something like this pops up again soon.... don't know how much longer I can wait.... I really can't get a new car now after these prices!
I think this was a fluke, it doesn’t make sense why they would discount them so much! Wish they would do this same price game with the used X’s

I think this was a fluke, it doesn’t make sense why they would discount them so much! Wish they would do this same price game with the used X’s

They could have made the 3P 45K, threw in FSD and someone would have bit. If not, drop the price by $250 every day and it would be gone well over asking.

They could have gotten more on eBay.

They wanted it gone, quickly, for "some reason". /shrug

Chatted with a buddy about this and our conclusion is Tesla has community college interns on the verge of dropping from F's in Math, Statistics, Economics, Marketing, Management, etc out deciding how to price their cars.

There is no plausible explanation to leave thousands on the table and wreck the resale value of their customers for no reason.

Chatted with a buddy about this and our conclusion is Tesla has community college interns on the verge of dropping from F's in Math, Statistics, Economics, Marketing, Management, etc out deciding how to price their cars.

There is no plausible explanation to leave thousands on the table and wreck the resale value of their customers for no reason.

For the people on here that did snag some of those amazing deals, I'd like to see if Tesla actually honors them and they get to pick up the actual cars...

Assuming the worst ; if you are interested in any other available used models outside of your region ; I would ask them to waive the $2K delivery fee for you. I believe they have done that in the past when pricing errors happened. Or maybe they can do free paint or a wheel upgrade on a new one?
I'm going to ask for free FSD first for the long shot then work my way down:p

Reactions: Phlier and byeLT4

I feel the same exact way! Looks like some people may have an issue if this was a pricing error so that may change things. I was originally looking at going with a used vehicle but after comparing the cost of used vs new with $4375 in tax incentives (WA), it really made NO sense to get a used M3. Most used cars were actually more expensive than new or at best, marginally less.

After seeing these prices, which i feel like more accurately represent a USED cars depreciation vs New car price, I was encouraged. But if it turns out none of these prices are honored in the end, I guess we are back in the world of un-realistically high Used prices again.

Reactions: Mr X
I feel the same exact way! Looks like some people may have an issue if this was a pricing error so that may change things. I was originally looking at going with a used vehicle but after comparing the cost of used vs new with $4375 in tax incentives (WA), it really made NO sense to get a used M3. Most used cars were actually more expensive than new or at best, marginally less.

After seeing these prices, which i feel like more accurately represent a USED cars depreciation vs New car price, I was encouraged. But if it turns out none of these prices are honored in the end, I guess we are back in the world of un-realistically high Used prices again.

the flip side is used Model 3 is holding up their price esp @ 1 yr/ $35K price point