Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Model 3s pricing error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another data point from Tuesday, lucky I checked during lunch. Got a red LR RWD w/21 miles (June 2018 build) for $36,800. It was in NJ and not in the cards for me to get there anytime soon, so having it transported. Got my MVPA today and it includes the $2k fee. Interestingly, the MVPA says "Used/Previous Service/Demo Vehicle"

Makes me wonder a bit if I can get the tax credit. Not expecting it to be eligible though.

Reactions: Mr X
Just curious how those here have gone through the internal debate trying to determine whether it’s worth the risk of getting a used car sight unseen. I get that it’s CPO and all, and the deals are pretty great, but I don’t want to get burned since the return policy doesn’t apply. I had thought there would be whole threads on the topic, but I wasn’t able to find any directly...

After a couple of failed attempts the past couple days I got one today.

Grabbed a 2018 LR-RWD in metallic silver with 19” sport wheels and v2 seats for 35k only 5k miles too. No idea where it is but it says it may cost 2k to deliver to my local store.
How
After a couple of failed attempts the past couple days I got one today.

Grabbed a 2018 LR-RWD in metallic silver with 19” sport wheels and v2 seats for 35k only 5k miles too. No idea where it is but it says it may cost 2k to deliver to my local store.

How do you know they are v2 seats?

Thats an amazing deal. They were normally 45'ish used just prior to this right??
Yea they were averaging around $43-$45k. It's really weird, there will be like 7 used cars available and then around 1AM they will drop in like 30 cars at ridiculous prices and then by morning time only a few cars remaining. They say its something about them moving to a new system but I think there i something else going on.

How

How do you know they are v2 seats?
I think anything over a 19XXX vin should have the V2 seats. The side walls of the bottom rear seat cushion will be larger and the stitching that comes into the middle of the seat on the top part of the front seats will align a little higher than the stitch that runs through the middle. Look it up online and you will see, some people of posted pics for reference.

Yea they were averaging around $43-$45k. It's really weird, there will be like 7 used cars available and then around 1AM they will drop in like 30 cars at ridiculous prices and then by morning time only a few cars remaining. They say its something about them moving to a new system but I think there i something else going on.

1AM PST? Is it a typical day of the week??

Got some info for you guys, basically Tesla has been calling the very first people that got the price glitch and offering them but with small bumps in price.

Later deals seem to basically be good though, especially the 2018 LR RWDs with high miles, so best of luck to the people that got those crazy deals.

Not sure why they're doing this but hey, now's the time to buy a Tesla. When I got my MX 100D in 2017, it was around 115k. A similarly spec'd new one now costs 85k and it has longer range and better suspension like what?

I think anything over a 19XXX vin should have the V2 seats. The side walls of the bottom rear seat cushion will be larger and the stitching that comes into the middle of the seat on the top part of the front seats will align a little higher than the stitch that runs through the middle. Look it up online and you will see, some people of posted pics for reference.

If you must have have the updated rear bench, also know that you can buy them on eBay for ~$400 or directly from Tesla installed for ~$600. My VIN 9xxx 3 is now rockin' a V2 bench and the wife is happy about sitting in the back with the kid. And you know what they say, happy wife, happy life (with the added benefit of potentially replacing her ICE with a Y/X one day, but I digress...).