Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using ChargePoint Home Flex for home charging.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please help out a newbie. I hope this question has not been asked ad-nauseum... We just picked up our MX, production date 8/2019. LOVE THIS CAR! I'd originally planned to buy a Mach E, but quickly changed my mind when I saw all the problems and after a few oily encounters with dealerships. Anyway, I bought a Charge Point Flex and had electrician install 240 outlet and 50A breaker. Our model X is only charging at 12miles/hour. While charging the app indicates 32/32. I know I could have gotten more if we'd had it hard wired, but was expecting greater miles/hour since this is a Level 2. Is this 12 miles/hour of charge what we should be expecting?
Your ChargePoint is set to 32 amps. Change it in the app to 40. From the FAQ:

“…use the mobile app to select Home Charger in the main menu, then Settings, and then Breaker Amperage. When prompted, select the appropriate power source and your circuit breaker’s amperage rating.”

FYI - The CP Flex can operate at the same 48 amp mode as the Tesla wall charger, but only when the CP is hardwired to the 240V power and on a circuit with a 60 amp circuit breaker. and then when the CP app is used to configure the charger for this setup. When plugged into a 240v outlet (6-50 or 14-50 socket) the limit for the CP Fles (or any other plug in EV charger) is 40 amps and this is when on a 240v circuit with a 50 amp breaker.