Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using EV's as emergency supplements to Powerwall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true. The Leaf can now do it. I called and left a message for the co that makes the charger to see if it can work in a residential and the cost. So far, cannot get a hold of anyone. But, if this can be made to work in my house, I might just spend the money for a new leaf and charger and have more fun with technology in my house, with zero ROI. :)

I doubt Fermata will respond. You will likely get further by contacting dcbel (EV Charger, Solar Inverter & Energy Management - dcbel) which has similar V2H/V2G capabilities for Leaf and is focused on residential markets.

Reactions: h2ofun
Last edited:
Not true. The Leaf can now do it. I called and left a message for the co that makes the charger to see if it can work in a residential and the cost. So far, cannot get a hold of anyone. But, if this can be made to work in my house, I might just spend the money for a new leaf and charger and have more fun with technology in my house, with zero ROI. :)
Money to burn?!

His PV + ESS have already paid back, so he's spending PG&E's money now.
And I have the 5 EV charging circuits installed. This is the first time I see an EV have a use, meaning, NOT just driving! So, am in contact with folks that make the charger. They are planning to ship to California in q42022, so I put my name on the list. Called a number of dealers and gave them my name since the 2023 leafs are in transit now. I said in one this morning and barely fit. Again, cant take your money with you. And since I Have 100% free charging. And putting 250 bucks in the cars yesterday hurt. I would ONLY use this car to drive locally. But, it seems like a real cool thing, and maybe the first one in this group to have. I might have over 100K of batteries I can get at if this all works out, Maybe 160kw :)

And I have the 5 EV charging circuits installed. This is the first time I see an EV have a use, meaning, NOT just driving! So, am in contact with folks that make the charger. They are planning to ship to California in q42022, so I put my name on the list. Called a number of dealers and gave them my name since the 2023 leafs are in transit now. I said in one this morning and barely fit. Again, cant take your money with you. And since I Have 100% free charging. And putting 250 bucks in the cars yesterday hurt. I would ONLY use this car to drive locally. But, it seems like a real cool thing, and maybe the first one in this group to have. I might have over 100K of batteries I can get at if this all works out, Maybe 160kw :)

Lol time to get this...

1663359145250.png

I'm very interested if/how this would integrate with a Tesla Powerwall and PV system. Let us know what you hear.

that is surprising. With the front seat back for getting in/out of car seems like a lot of leg room. Is it more the head room that is an issue?
It was the headroom, my head was about 1/2" from the roof even with the seat all the way down. The rear seat was even worse with my head touching the roof and I have a slightly taller son-in-law that visits. I also didn't care for the really stiff seating and that is a big issue for my wife.

I really liked the styling of the EV6 over the IONIQ 5, but for me the IONIQ 5 beats the EV6 for comfort, sight lines and overall space.

I just want an EV that can do more than be an EV. THe ford f150 and Nissan leaf are the only two I am aware of in the US that can go bidirectional?
The CSS standard does not allow yet.

It's too bad that the CCS standard for V2H/V2G won't be finalized until 2025 at the earliest. Other the hand, as you may or may not know, CHAdeMO is pretty much a dead end that is being phased out. So, you might have something with little support in a few years.

Reactions: BGbreeder