Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using TM-Spy for iOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am stuck on yellow/connecting with the message "Config ELM 00" appearing in the bottom right.

According to debug console, I apparently have no problem seeing/connecting with the LELink over bluetooth. But there is no data arriving, and I am unsure of the exact nature of the problem. I am running TM-Spy for the first time with a new adapter cable for CAN3 and new LELink dongle. The LELink has the red LED lit solid.

If anyone could give any advice on where the problem may lie I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I need to break out the scope and really dig in...

ask please @sharkcookie.ev
practical person

I am stuck on yellow/connecting with the message "Config ELM 00" appearing in the bottom right.

According to debug console, I apparently have no problem seeing/connecting with the LELink over bluetooth. But there is no data arriving, and I am unsure of the exact nature of the problem. I am running TM-Spy for the first time with a new adapter cable for CAN3 and new LELink dongle. The LELink has the red LED lit solid.

If anyone could give any advice on where the problem may lie I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I need to break out the scope and really dig in...
If you have the new LELink^2 (look for a small superscript 2) then you need the version of TM-Spy released today which support that version of the LELInk.

I have finally gotten around to writing a real help document for TM-Spy which was holding up a full release on iTunes. The test version released today should be the last test version before I full release next week. The good news is once fully released it will stop expiring every 90 days.

Keep in mind I don't have access to a Tesla so I need your feedback if there are any problems. I am basically assuming I have not killed the app with any of my changes.

This version brings back support for Dropbox which had stopped working when Dropbox switched to API 2.

It has a few minor fixes including a new routine to select a Message ID when a generic Recipe is selected. The old method took 25 seconds before the list of Message IDs would appear the first time it came up.

The sample recipe file will now be automatically upload to Dropbox to give you a starting point to create your own recipe file. The Help goes into all the details some of which I had forgotten until I reviewed my code.

This version adds support for the LELink^2 and its zero power mode.

I would appreciate any corrections and help with untranslated phrases for Japanese, French and German languages. Just send them directly to me.

Future releases will add Logging and the ability to create your own custom screens. The list of variables you will be able to display should include all those in Jason Hughes excellent document not just the few that TM-Spy currently displays.

Has anyone been able to find a CAN service port on the Model 3?

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Don't forget to request the new PDF Help which is vastly improved compared to the old place holder document.

The Help needs proof reading and comments.

Now includes details on cables for both new and old connectors and details on the Recipe format.

One other minor improvement was in the "View Recipes" option which now lets you select the Active, Internal or User Defined recipe file to view. Now that I think about it I don't know what happens if you don't have a User file. Will need to test that.

Really? Mine is 0.5.46 and comes up, anyway. I got it on 5/21; aren’t they good for 60 or 90 days?

Maybe I need to get invited again for testing?
9B8BE7A2-EB67-4D31-885F-C83721E404BA.png