Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using TM-Spy to see Model S data.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be releasing version 0.1.31 to handle the new format for cell voltages/temps for those with a partial pack. I think this was part of their optimization of the CAN bus to not send empty frames which is what was happening as they previously always sent 32 frames of data.

This issue has been seen on the Model S 60 that can be software upgraded to 75. So they also may just be trying to hide the voltages for the cells that need to be unlocked.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Yes, the voltage of the 60 and 75 pack are the same. Though there are more than 84 cells. The original 60 pack had 384 cells per module and 14 modules. It's unknown what the current 60/75 has (I've looked and it appears nobody has ever taken apart a newer 75 pack), though it almost certainly has more cells than the original. My best guess is 414 cells per module.

Yes, the voltage of the 60 and 75 pack are the same. Though there are more than 84 cells. The original 60 pack had 384 cells per module and 14 modules. It's unknown what the current 60/75 has (I've looked and it appears nobody has ever taken apart a newer 75 pack), though it almost certainly has more cells than the original. My best guess is 414 cells per module.
For the meaning of cells in this context, see post #11 of this thread.

As a reminder, post 138 of this thread shows the Sept 2015 (and later) Tesla S and X Tesla Diagnostics Connector (TDC), and its location behind the passenger side "hockey-stick" trim piece.

I believe that Chris TX still makes a 4-wire adapter from this TDC to an OBD connector, which he sells for $38, it appears.

As a reminder, post 138 of this thread shows the Sept 2015 (and later) Tesla S and X Tesla Diagnostics Connector (TDC), and its location behind the passenger side "hockey-stick" trim piece.

I believe that Chris TX still makes a 4-wire adapter from this TDC to an OBD connector, which he sells for $38, it appears.

Here is the link for the adapter ... now $30 :cool:

You'll need to modify that cable to make it work with the TDP behind the cubby.
The OBD2 connector under the dash is useless for getting data like this. If you're looking for a pre-made cable,
I have this in the classifieds.

8969164a-b3f7-45cc-af80-cdde974d7888.jpg

Reactions: pjoseph
I used TM-spy to record a bunch of 0-60 runs, is there a way to process the data? The android app didn't generate any graphs as I drove. I want to extract battery voltage and current.

I have it set to sync to dropbox, and I only have files under the folder "Frames". One is called X_102_1704011429.txt, which I think has my data, but in raw packet format. Is there a way to turn that into CSV data with the parameters I'm interested in?

X_102_02161840.txt is a sample fIle included with the app. Your data should be in X_102_1704011429.txt. If you already know this, are you saying that your file was also limited to exactly 7500 records?

Darn. Didn't know that. That means I really didn't capture anything. The other file only has ~4100 records, so it only captured about 40 seconds worth of an hour of driving? Is there a time limit? It said it was logging the whole time and the LEDs were solid on...

Darn. Didn't know that. That means I really didn't capture anything. The other file only has ~4100 records, so it only captured about 40 seconds worth of an hour of driving? Is there a time limit? It said it was logging the whole time and the LEDs were solid on...

I don't use the X files when I want to log the 102 messages. I use the ELM trace function at the bottom of the Settings page along with the Options dropdowns to select 102 messages. It does not give live graphing (that I know of), but the trace file found in the Debug folder does include timecodes and I have yet to find a recording limit.

IMG_7658.jpg
I don't use the X files when I want to log the 102 messages. I use the ELM trace function at the bottom of the Settings page along with the Options dropdowns to select 102 messages. It does not give live graphing (that I know of), but the trace file found in the Debug folder does include timecodes and I have yet to find a recording limit.

There is live graphing. I run it every time I drive. Then I scroll back and find the fun times - high power runs. Here's a sample screenshot.