Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...I was hoping to see your S on his facebook page but no such luck.
That may be my fault. Justin offered to delete the trunk chrome strip, but I told him that I was going to remove the embossed TESLA lettering and fill the holes beforehand. I haven't done that and he probably wanted to wait until that was complete. Anybody local have those tools? I really need to get that done.

So since we haven't had a meetup in a while lets all crash this event again...

National Drive Electric Week Event - Murray
Day: Saturday, September 15, 2018
Time: 11a - 3p
Location: Tim Dahle Auto Center, 4528 South State Street, Murray, UT 84107
registration optional: National Drive Electric Week Event - Murray

...I'll try to chrome delete that back strip before the event. PM me if you want to wash your car there before the event.

Reactions: Abstrakt1
So since we haven't had a meetup in a while lets all crash this event again...

National Drive Electric Week Event - Murray
Day: Saturday, September 15, 2018
Time: 11a - 3p
Location: Tim Dahle Auto Center, 4528 South State Street, Murray, UT 84107
registration optional: National Drive Electric Week Event - Murray

...I'll try to chrome delete that back strip before the event. PM me if you want to wash your car there before the event.
I'll be there in my P85+, and then right when it ends I'm heading to Tesla Service to pick up my new Model X!

I will try to make it. Sounds like a good opportunity to meet some other Tesla folks. (And show off my new baby).

Got delivery last week, everything went smooth. I have heard the horror stories but everyone I worked with was very responsive and helpful.

Here she is...

20180901_122653.jpg
20180830_222317.jpg
20180901_122601.jpg
20180830_222241.jpg

Been reading that some of the Tesla locations are attempting to sell their demos for a small price adjustment. Anybody had any word on the SLC store doing something similar? Ive been so close to ordering but have not gotten the final approval from the wife. If I can get one with a few miles on it for a tiny discount, it may be what I need to get it.

Been reading that some of the Tesla locations are attempting to sell their demos for a small price adjustment. Anybody had any word on the SLC store doing something similar? Ive been so close to ordering but have not gotten the final approval from the wife. If I can get one with a few miles on it for a tiny discount, it may be what I need to get it.
Give them a call. You never know. They have about 40 Model 3's on the lot awaiting delivery at the moment.

State street is packed. They are overflow parking cars in the lots around the store even. When I was there Saturday after the rally it was wall to wall cars and people. First time I've ever seen a line for the SLC supercharger.
Boy were you ever right about that. I stopped by Monday afternoon and it did my heart good to see so many cars there waiting to be delivered. Plus they told me I just missed two semi trucks delivering still more (not sure where they were going to put them). And I got to speak with a new owner just as his 3 was being wheeled in to the delivery bay. Kind of funny in that he wanted the Tesla person to drive him around in it as he wasn't sure he trusted himself... :)

• Funny
Reactions: tony b and Fiver
Stopped in today to see if my car was there yet even though I wasn't scheduled for delivery. It was so I got a little sneak peak of what I'm getting even though it hadn't been detailed yet. That's not the real story here though....

Every time I stop in I think "they can't fit any more cars in here" yet every time I do it's even more packed. The side lot next to the store is jammed full, the entire lot of the store is packed full, they easily have 60+ cars sitting there waiting for delivery. You can't drive around the store at the moment, the whole rear area is packed bumper to bumper with cars. I'd say 45 of them are Model 3. I was watching a tractor trailer finish up unloading a bunch more, thinking "Where the hell are they going to put them all?" when another fully loaded tractor trailer pulled up to unload 7 more. Talking to one of the delivery guys they said they expected 4 total Semi's today, and probably the same number every day going forward. I didn't ask how many they were delivering every day, but obviously it has to be 20-30 minimum just to keep the lot where it's at, more hopefully if they want to try and get the storage numbers down. Pretty sure the only reason the supercharger shows as "reduced service" is to keep general traffic to a minimum at the store because every available inch is packed full of cars in various states of delivery prep. Oddly the showroom was quiet beyond delivery stuff.

Anyway, it's quite a sight to see. End of quarter madness in full swing. Talking to a delivery person, they said it's pretty crazy, but kind of the new normal. They didn't expect too much of a drop off after the quarter ends, mostly just S & X will drop a bit as the early quarter production heads overseas, but Model 3 will only pick up as the production ramp increases.

They can't wait for overseas Model 3 deliveries to start, should ease the burden on US locations if 1/3 to 1/2 of production starts going international.

For any Utah owners that might be taking delivery in the next few days. Make sure you verify where your car is at first. @tony b posted this in the AWD thread yesterday.

Well guys and girls, I took delivery today of the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen, and that’s not hyperbole. I still can’t find one thing wrong with it. (Well, only thing so far is it doesn’t recognize my WiFi yet). The car is flawless and gorgeous.

Only prob with delivery was the delivery advisor gave me the wrong address. She had me go to the service center for delivery at 9 am. I was there and it was closed and no one there. I eventually got someone on the phone and they told me my delivery was at the store in Salt Lake City not the service center. I raced over and there were a sea of tesla’s. I felt rushed since I was then 40 min late and they were so busy. However they made me feel comfortable to take as much time as needed. I was in and out (with a trade-in) in less than 30 min. They told me I have 3 days to search the car for anything they need to fix.
I love it and the 2 1/2+ yr wait was completely worth it. Thanks everyone for making the wait bearable.

Reactions: tony b
For any Utah owners that might be taking delivery in the next few days. Make sure you verify where your car is at first. @tony b posted this in the AWD thread yesterday.
Hey everyone!

I took delivery of my car yesterday and the car is incredible! I still can’t find one thing wrong with it.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but can anyone point me in a good direction for tinting and ppf in the Park City or Salt Lake City area? Any recommendations or link are appreciated.

Thanks!