Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A champagne X was on WB I-215 just past 6200 S. at about 8:35 this morning. About a week ago I saw two Xs in the same day getting off the 6200 S. exit; I just happened to glance out my office window at the right times. The X presence is definitely growing here, and S is downright pedestrian. I don't even bother mentioning all the sightings anymore.

Reactions: KJD and ModelX
Now that it is starting to warm up, we are looking for interest in those that would like to get together Saturday mornings to chat about all things we love. In other car circles, this is known as Cars and Coffee. We can rotate places we meet, days (Saturday or Sunday) and meet as many times as you would like per month.

Any interest for the Utah members here? Speaking in relation to either Salt Lake County, or Utah County.

For those who might be interest the Utah State Tax Commission has released 2016 Q4 new car sales data (still waiting for 2017 Q1). Find it here: USTC - New Motor Vehicle Sales

I've added the Tesla data to my spreadsheet which shows Tesla sales in Utah going back to the very first, a Roadster in June 2009. New total is 634. This site will not allow Excel files to be posted. If you'd like a copy just message me your email address.

BTW, part of the Commissions page lists sales by dealership. Tesla, not having a dealership, is not listed.

Now that it is starting to warm up, we are looking for interest in those that would like to get together Saturday mornings to chat about all things we love. In other car circles, this is known as Cars and Coffee. We can rotate places we meet, days (Saturday or Sunday) and meet as many times as you would like per month.

Any interest for the Utah members here? Speaking in relation to either Salt Lake County, or Utah County.

I'd love to do it but am on a nocturnal schedule so would only be able to attend mid to late afternoon gatherings.

Hey Utah owners! I've been a member of the Tesla family since November. Love my Tesla, but I'm a little scared of the durability.

I just swapped out my winter 19"s for my summer 21"s, hit something in the road and blew a tire. How do you guys with 21" wheels do on the horrible utah roads? How do your 21" tires and rims hold up?

Could be, they were Michelin PS2 tires. They were under warranty and replaced by the tire shop at no cost.

I actually asked for Michelin Pilot Sports, and the manager recommended the PS2s because the Pilot Sports were on a two month back order. They looked extremely low profile on the fronts. After taking these back, I've decided to wait the two months for the Pilot Sports.

I'm not sure though it is all the tires. These cars are very heavy and 21s are very low profile. Those two things together equate to a very high amount of stress on a tires side wall. The road in utah after this past winter are a mine field, pit holes and debris are everywhere.

My question was more related to "how are your 21" tires and rims holding up?"

I have another question about rim repair. Can anyone recommend a rim repair shop? It took a pretty nice gash out of my rim, luckily its cosmetic only.

IMG_1397.JPG

Could be, they were Michelin PS2 tires. They were under warranty and replaced by the tire shop at no cost.

I actually asked for Michelin Pilot Sports, and the manager recommended the PS2s because the Pilot Sports were on a two month back order. They looked extremely low profile on the fronts. After taking these back, I've decided to wait the two months for the Pilot Sports.

I'm not sure though it is all the tires. These cars are very heavy and 21s are very low profile. Those two things together equate to a very high amount of stress on a tires side wall. The road in utah after this past winter are a mine field, pit holes and debris are everywhere.

I have another question about rim repair. Can anyone recommend a rim repair shop? It took a pretty nice gash out of my rim, luckily its cosmetic only.

View attachment 223942
This is why I only went with 20" on my X (well, and the ridiculous price for 22s), and also downsized to 19s for winter.

View attachment 223942
I actually had Tesla repair my rims. They didn't do it themselves, but they have a shop they use and the billing was through Tesla. I left my 21's at the service center in SLC and about 2 weeks later they were ready for pickup. $150 each. A little high, but they did a great job.

/edit PS they are for sale if anyone wants staggered gray 21's with the current TPMS system.

The type of tire you use has little change to the sidewall height, as they are always going to run the same size tire on your car.
Yes, the 21s are more susceptible to damage since there is less sidewall, but the look is worth being a little more careful when driving around. You need to avoid potholes when possible, and slow down for curbs, etc. There are a few companies that can repair curb rash, I have had really good experiences with Alloy Wheel Repair. When I worked for the BMW dealer here, we used him for all repairs. When it comes to bent wheels, he can do those as well, but so can Wheel Werks on 33rd and state. Used both companies.

I am totally down for doing a meet up or drive event. Cars and Coffee, or Cars and Postum, as it is here in Utah. ;-)

Hello everyone,

I'm on the reservation list for the model 3 which will be my first EV. I live in Park City, UT and would love to meet up to hear ideas and ask questions and talk tesla. I can sometimes meet in Salt lake city, but if anyone meets in Park City, please let me know. Thanks guys!

Hello everyone,

I'm on the reservation list for the model 3 which will be my first EV. I live in Park City, UT and would love to meet up to hear ideas and ask questions and talk tesla. I can sometimes meet in Salt lake city, but if anyone meets in Park City, please let me know. Thanks guys!
I'm not in Park City (I'm in Tooele) but anytime I've been to Park City it's been hard not of see a few Teslas. Lots of them there. :)

You could try stopping by the Tesla store on State Street in SLC as there are almost always owners with their cars charging there. Plus the Tesla folks working there are a great source of information.

There have been a few attempts to organize Tesla related get togethers but not a lot of success.

I would like to attend one if it gets scheduled but with my nocturnal observatory schedule it would have to be in the afternoon.

Hello everyone,

I'm in Park City, shoot me a PM if you would like to meet up.

I'm not in Park City (I'm in Tooele) but anytime I've been to Park City it's been hard not of see a few Teslas. Lots of them there. :)

You could try stopping by the Tesla store on State Street in SLC as there are almost always owners with their cars charging there. Plus the Tesla folks working there are a great source of information.

There have been a few attempts to organize Tesla related get togethers but not a lot of success.

I would like to attend one if it gets scheduled but with my nocturnal observatory schedule it would have to be in the afternoon.

Thank you Patrick, that's some good ideas and suggestions