Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 battery improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NO. 2018 M3 AWD LR should get 310 miles at 100%. In fact my range went down even more. Now 80% is only 235 miles. Used to be 250 miles! I charged to 100% just to verify and yup only got 285 miles. This sucks! I have been reading about Tesla being sued over a defect in their batteries being "covered up" and that they reduced range to fix it. A little honesty from Tesla would be nice!

I didn't notice any change. RWD - 90% gets me to 287. 100% - 319. But that last time I charged to 100%, about 6 weeks ago, I got 324 and actually achieved 325 miles range (260 to SC with 65 miles indicated range left). For this trip, I averaged about 211, cool morning, so minimal us of AC. AP set to 72 mph. On my daily commutes, I average around 212 - 218 w/mi. 19" factory wheels.

Last edited:
For anybody quoting their 100% range here, could you also state your average consumption in Wh/mi over the last few months? Also state what kind of wheels are set in the service tab (18, 19, or 20”). I would like to test a theory that these things are now part of the algorithm used for the remaining miles meter. This would explain a lot.

I have a 2018 Model 3 Performance with the 20" OEM wheels and after the V10 update, my 90% has been 281 miles. Experience from driving our Leaf, Fit Ev and Volt has taught me to not make too much of the mileage readings. Just my opinion...

Anyone notice range improvements since updating to v10? I know a number of people (myself included) took a decent projected range hit on the past two updates. Curious if it’s been fixed.

Nope.
No appreciable change for the better.

80% charge on TM3P is still ~235-238, while it should be 248 miles. Delta 3-5% was lost to Tesla's firmware updates late spring/early summer (forgot the version #s).

It will probably take legal or regulatory intervention to recover it.
I don't care enough to start it, but will join when others (inevitably) will.

For anybody quoting their 100% range here, could you also state your average consumption in Wh/mi over the last few months? Also state what kind of wheels are set in the service tab (18, 19, or 20”). I would like to test a theory that these things are now part of the algorithm used for the remaining miles meter. This would explain a lot.

310mi. 7,100 miles on odometer. 284wh/mi average. 18” wheels. Always charge to 90%. Seems to be just fine.

Reactions: VT_EE
For sure the wheel size does. It even says so if you change the wheel size on the later versions.