Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love it, what a great update.
Looking at the video of SS at Costco navigate nicely, I would like to have the car go park itself.
I would think the reverse is possible..

Multi-level garage - who will be the first?

What happens at a pay garage - will it pay or just sit there..hmm.

yes, I like the fact that it accelerates sooner and better to keep up with the car ahead. But, I was told by a developer that the portion of the code which decides when to start moving has not been changed. I guess I believe it since my car takes the same delay to start moving, but once it moves, it is faster. I wish they would have the car start moving just a little sooner after the car in front moves.
Agree. However, it is currently WORLDS better than it was. I'm OK with a slight lag in start time as long as the proper acceleration is there, which it is now. I'd think that it may be a touch risky to have it start sooner AND have the same level of acceleration that it does now. If someone were to start and suddenly stop in front of you AP may not be able to transition quickly enough.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I'd think that it may be a touch risky to have it start sooner AND have the same level of acceleration that it does now. If someone were to start and suddenly stop in front of you AP may not be able to transition quickly enough.
Yes, I get what you are saying. What I was trying to convey is that the Tesla should start sooner and only accelerate a little slower than the car in front until the selected separation is reached. A fairly easy algorithm to incorporate. The radar can handle that easily enough. It's the process that many humans do :)

Reactions: turnem
I tested out Smart Summons at my place of employment on Saturday so the parking lot was completely empty.

I always park in the same spot or roughly the same spot, and I always exit the building from the same exit. So it was a pretty simple test of seeing if smart summons would be capable of picking me up. Was this going to be the Wall-E moment we've been expecting?

I initially tried the come to me option, but I wasn't getting a separate full screen B&W type view that other people were seeing, I saw bits of it on the screen, but it wasn't really useful. There is probably a trick to it that I didn't realize at the time. I was simply holding it down, and then I watched over the car.

It backed up just fine, but then proceeded to drive over the empty parking lots. After a small bit of this it was coming to the end where it needed to avoid the curb, and to turn the corner. Basically the parking lot has trees, grass, and a large curb that separates the two parking areas. Well it was getting too close the edge, and I couldn't see it from where I was standing. So I stopped that test.

Then I tried the smart summons to a picked spot. Initially I was confused from the map view of trying to associate things with the map so that didn't go well. I then realized it had the satellite view which was a lot easier to use, but for some reason it wasn't defaulting to this.

So I tried the satellite view, and initially the summons seemed to go fairly well. But, it kept ending up blocking the entire path. So I adjust the destination to have it drive past me thinking I could just stop it on its way, and it wouldn't look so bad. But, this changed the path it wanted to take and led to it being entirely confused.

So I kept retrying where I'd put the car back, and slightly adjust the destination.

Over about 10 tries I never did got it work quite right, and got very inconsistent behavior that was highly tied to the exact destination position even though I was only making slight changes.

In Summary:

The smart summons does work in a kinda, sorta way in this specific example. But, the way it does it and the lack of consistency makes it entirely unusable.

I'll continue to test it with each update, but to use it the feature needs to exhibit confidence building capabilities. Things like not driving over empty parking spaces, and not getting close to curbs. The latency between when you release the button, and the car stopping is high enough that you absolutely have the err on the side of caution.

I didn't have any issue with the speed that it drives. I did have quite a few glitchy pauses for no apparent reason.

On the plus side it did reliably detect me when I would get in its way, and would stop with basically saying "an annoying human got in my way".

It exhibited no Christine like behaviors. :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Richt
Well this was really interesting to me at least. I was on 2019.32.10.1 and wondering why I wasn’t getting 2019.32.11 like everyone else seems to be (at least per TeslaFi), so I clicked on the Software tab. Prior to this, I did not show the pending update icon on the status bar. As soon as I clicked on it, I saw for the first time this “checking for updates message.” Immediately after, I saw the “Update available” message. I wonder if that triggered anything or it was a coincidence.

4EAFC6E8-775B-4C44-983F-AA601556901E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
So, I added a playlist in Spotify on my phone a few hours ago, and it still hasn't synced to the car. It did sync when I first signed in on the car, but nothing since. Did anyone get this to work?

I had to leave the car for a few hours then sign out and in to Spotify. But that isn’t working for everyone. I haven’t gotten any stations to show up yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
I had to leave the car for a few hours then sign out and in to Spotify. But that isn’t working for everyone. I haven’t gotten any stations to show up yet.
Hm, that's a potential show stopper. If it can't sync playlists (including updating dynamic ones like "Discover Weekly") without signing out and back in every time it loses a lot of its value.

Reactions: Nupe 1911
It's updating playlists for me, both ways. Added some new albums from one playlist on my phone a couple hours before driving, worked find. Added a couple songs in the car to the same playlist; they showed up on my phone when I checked at the next red light.