Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having driven 70 miles today, I’m inclined to say that the nags seemed more frequent than before. But, maybe it’s just me, it seemed like the difference in frequency of nags between EAP and NOA seemed as if NOA was less frequent, if that makes sense?
Having driven 70 miles today, I’m inclined to say that the nags seemed more frequent than before. But, maybe it’s just me, it seemed like the difference in frequency of nags between EAP and NOA seemed as if NOA was less frequent, if that makes sense?

I was only using AP not NOA. I'll have to hop on the highway tomorrow and see if the is a difference.

Used autopilot today and feel like it doesn’t stay as centered into the lane and adjust itself depending if car on right or left lane is close to it’s sides or not.

Did a test drive today and definitely noticed not as centered - at some points it was uncomfortably left in the lane with no apparent reason. That said, otherwise AP/NOA seemed much better: more assertive, faster lane changes, etc.

yea, it is interesting. I am not seeing any changes in nags.

Didn't see any changes in nags either.

Reverse Placebo Effect? ;)

I'll do my usual run to the airport Monday and will test it out. :)

Reactions: C141medic
Has nobody made a big deal of the max heat mode for people in the northeast this is huge. It auto points the vents at the windows.

Got some snow overnight in Mammoth, will use the max heat before heading to the Supercharger shortly.

Screenshot_20190929-043259.png

If someone's considering the E-tron, it would be odd to not be looking at a Model X ? A little more $, for a lot more range, performance, storage and autopilot.

I was testing out my V10 update this morning. My thoughts here:

V10 on MCU1

It’s funny you say that. I thought the same thing about other vehicles. Why in the world would anyone choose something else other than a Tesla for a comparable vehicle? Yes service has taken a hit and build quality isn’t quite as good as Audi. But damn, these updates with autopilot make my almost 3 year old car feel new all over again. To me, the pros far outweigh the cons. And yes I have been in both the ipace and etron.

I would like to get MCU2 but I’d probably use the theater very rarely. Usually at Superchargers I like to close and rest my eyes for a bit. Then I feel more refreshed.

Last edited:
If someone's considering the E-tron, it would be odd to not be looking at a Model X ? A little more $, for a lot more range, performance, storage and autopilot.
It was more of a "look what you're getting for 80k, when you can continue to wait for a Model Y and spend much less" visit. We also took look at a Jaguar I-pace. I've recommended he wait for the Model Y or if he's going to pull that kind of money, then buy the Model X

Got some snow overnight in Mammoth, will use the max heat before heading to the Supercharger shortly.

View attachment 460459

After about 10 minutes the driver window was clear of snow, and the front was melted enough to wipe off with the wipers.

Lights were covered with snow though, so no help there. Had to brush them off. Maybe the cold weather package helps out with that?

Back to civilization shortly (temps above 70 degrees) :)

RT

I noticed this too! It's more human like giving cars a bit more room in the lane if someone is riding the line.

Hmmm, something I've wanted it to do but didn't notice it on my ~60 mile drive yesterday. I actually popped out of AP twice because someone to my right was riding the line and thought, "Guess that's not a feature yet!" I'll have to pay closer attention.

I just tried out the Summon feature and my driveway is on a slight incline. My M3 did make its way out of the garage and up to the start of the hill. It slowly attempted to get up the incline and then began to roll backward! o_O It stopped and braked. Soooo, I guess Smart Summon doesn't work in hilly locations.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and Phlier