TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by WilliamG, Sep 26, 2019.

1. billionaiire

billionaiire Member

I stand corrected about what I said about non clickable songs in a playlist - if you’re streaming Apple Music via Bluetooth, you CAN click to play only those playlist songs that you’ve actually downloaded to your phone.

But yes, the songs have a 250 limit to display.

2. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

Simply that the high beams do not dim when another car is approaching until that car is uncomfortably close. Other drivers flash me and I end up having to turn the high beams off manually.

Other times, when no traffic is oncoming, they will not switch back to high beams.

I did not have this issue at all in my AP1 Model S -- the auto high beams functioned nearly perfectly, including turning off when approaching another vehicle from behind (i.e. it recognized taillights and automatically turned the high beams off so as to not shine in the mirrors of the driver ahead of you).

• Informative x 1
  3. classicjoy

classicjoy Member

BBBADCA3-D87A-47CA-A589-3DB0B12DF1CC.jpeg B8BB95E3-B027-4391-A568-1124AF034EB0.jpeg E8DF1EB6-EA0E-4666-862A-3875DC4D0E5A.jpeg AEA99C80-0E88-40FF-981C-6C91B8023138.jpeg BBBADCA3-D87A-47CA-A589-3DB0B12DF1CC.jpeg
    First impression on my second day of V10..

• Disagree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. PACEMD

PACEMD Active Member

I've been in love with the same woman for forty-one years. If my wife finds out, she'll kill me.

Henny Youngman

• Funny x 1
  5. PACEMD

PACEMD Active Member

Cool! Like an ejector seat? Always wanted one of those..........

6. tkc9789

tkc9789 Member

7. McFlurri

McFlurri Active Member

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. phantasms

phantasms Supporting Member

Insert “Why did you turn?!?!” meme here.

sorry to see that though. hope it’s an easy fix. :(

9. jebinc

jebinc M3 LR AWD w/FSD and white premium interior

• Like x 1
  10. jebinc

jebinc M3 LR AWD w/FSD and white premium interior

11. fajitamondays

fajitamondays Supporting Member

12. TiggerTime

TiggerTime Member

I was thinking the same thing. Can it detect altitude/elevation of the location you are summoning the car to?

As for the pay garage, I actually tried this after work the other night and it failed to navigate to pay booth. it actually tried to exit through the entrance lane instead of the exit. It was late after hours no traffic so it wasn't an issue but had it been during the day or with other traffic then wouldn't have been a great thing to happen.

13. mact3333

mact3333 Member

am I the only person who hasn't received V10 update???...anyone else not received the update yet??

14. TiggerTime

TiggerTime Member

Ok, so now that I have actually done my usual driving since updating to V10, I can confirm the steering wheel nag has changed.

Prior to V10 you had about 5/10 of a mile before you would be prompted to apply steering wheel pressure.

Post V10 it now varies depending on the roadway you are driving on.

Interstate/Highway and multi lane (4 or more lanes) divided (nnn-highway) roads you still have 5/10 a mile before prompting.
    Once you are on a 2 lane roadway the nag changes to about 2/10 mile.

There does not seem to be a dependence on posted speeds.

My typical daily commute takes me on an intestate(on NOA) then onto a 4 lane divided roadway(on standard AP) and both prompt the same at about 5/10th.

When the 4 lane drops down to 2 lane going through a small town the prompting switches to 2/10th in the 30 MPH zone and even once through the town and speed increases to 60mph (still 2 lane road) the nag stays at 2/10th.

I also noticed that the odometer which pre-V10 always changed by 1/10th and now post V10 it sometimes changes by 2/10th at a time totally random from what I have seen so far.

• Informative x 1
  15. newtonfb

newtonfb Member

You arent alone. I have not received it either. SR+ with AP

• Like x 1
  16. TiggerTime

TiggerTime Member

Tesla stated that V10 is rolling out to cars with FSD 1st then the rest of the fleet.

17. PhaseWhite

PhaseWhite Member

Seems people should just use regular summon for backing out of a garage. Tesla needs to find a way to disable SS from garage or have it use the old mode until it's sure it's out in the clear.

• Like x 2
  18. flyingowl

flyingowl Member

Me either. Still waiting for update, welp :(

19. sdrevik

sdrevik Member

My impression. I don't give a darn about games or car karoke. Can we please get the ability to add waypoints in the navigation system? I mean, every other nav system in the world can do it.

• Like x 3
  20. turnem

turnem Member

LOL! Hard to disagree with your view.

• Like x 1