Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got V10 today. I'm on HW3 so not sure if it changes perspectives on the changes or not but here goes...

MIND BLOWN!!! This is a HUGE update for me. I'm mostly concerned about Autopilot behavior and less about everything else. Haven't even tried Netflix or Spotify. I'll do both over the weekend but tonight was all about Autopilot and Enhanced Summon. I'm getting ready to post a video to YT on Enhanced Summon and I'll upload it here as well.

• First thing I noticed. The resume from stop while in AP (or at least TACC) is WORLDS better and dare I say perfect? The acceleration is just as it should be and it now keeps pace with the cars in front of you. Gone are the days when everyone in front of me gains 9-10 car lengths on me as my car SLOWLY accelerates. Beautiful work here!
  • Second thing I noticed. The car handles lane lines MUCH better. There are 4 spots on my normal daily commute where the car misreads the lane lines through intersections and tries to pull me from the right lane into the left lane while going through the intersection. Tonight it thought about it but corrected itself in 3 out of 4 situations. So much better there. This is the first progress I've seen on this particular issue.
  • Lane changes - MUCH faster and no slowing down while it changes lanes. Also, when in NOA it is MUCH faster with lane changes. Brilliant!
  • I don't know how to easily explain this one but prior to this update you could see the TACC speed scaling up and you either had to wait for it to get to the max speed before setting AP or you could set AP and then click on the speed limit sign to get to your max speed. Now this is automatic. No waiting and no awkward speed changes while you get settled in.
  • Visualizations - awesome
  • No more dancing cars.
  • Braking seems MUCH better. I had two instances where cars turned in front of me and I just felt a very slight hesitation instead of slamming on brakes when it didn't need to.
  • The car also seems to resume much more smoothly and promptly when I car in front of you turns out of your lane.
  • Enhanced summon - amazing. Honestly. Perfect? Nope. Amazing? Yes. Will I use it often? Probably not but dang it's cool.

That's it for now. Enhanced Summon video coming shortly.

I was just about to post that when using AP in city stop and go acceleration is more aggressive and not grandparent speed anymore while all other traffic passes you.

The only negatives I’ve noticed is AP has more phantom breaking and abruptly slows down to well under the speed limit when approaching even very gentle curves. The hands on steering wheel warning time has been cut in half. Auto headlights do not seem as competent also.

Also, connectivity is greatly reduced. I live in a rural area but I never had trouble loading the next track before, even with just 1 bar. Now I am getting “loading error/connection error” all the time with both Spotify and Slacker with anything less than 3 bars. I am guessing this may be due to high network usage with all the people testing out the new features.

I tried to summon my M3 2.5 out of the garage to the end of the driveway where I was standing. It started, but lost connection a couple times and never made it to me. It did a three point turn and was headed in the right direction tho.

Although I have only used it once I’m impressed with Smart Summon so far. My wife and I just finished dinner at Zinburger and I wanted to test it out. Used the come to me feature and my car navigated the parking lot quite well. I was laughing the entire time because of how crazy it is to see for the first time. My wife was not as amused as me, haha. Car made two pauses that didn’t make much sense to me but it got to me in a decent amount of time. It will be very interesting how much better this is 6-12 months from now.

I love most of the updates - but I just can't love Enhanced Summon yet (but dang do I want to). In a practical sense it feels nearly useless. Any time it encountered another moving vehicle, it was almost always getting in their way / causing problems. I had to rush to jump in the car and wave apologetically to other vehicles on 3 separate tests in a parking lot that had pretty minimal traffic.

On the couple of easier tests where there were no other moving vehicles and very few other cars it performed adequately. I think they can get it there, but right now I just can't see myself using it without constant babysitting, and that kinda defeats the point.

Also, on one instance where I needed to intervene, I lifted my finger off the summon button and rushed to the car, but when I went to push the door handle in it wouldn't/didn't unlock immediately like it normally does when I'm using phone-for-key. I tried several times and then finally I noticed the side mirrors extend out again (as if it had finally registered that I'd stopped using summon) and let me open the door. Took about 6-8 seconds.

I love most of the updates - but I just can't love Enhanced Summon yet (but dang do I want to). In a practical sense it feels nearly useless. Any time it encountered another moving vehicle, it was almost always getting in their way / causing problems. I had to rush to jump in the car and wave apologetically to other vehicles on 3 separate tests in a parking lot that had pretty minimal traffic.

On the couple of easier tests where there were no other moving vehicles and very few other cars it performed adequately. I think they can get it there, but right now I just can't see myself using it without constant babysitting, and that kinda defeats the point.

Also, on one instance where I needed to intervene, I lifted my finger off the summon button and rushed to the car, but when I went to push the door handle in it wouldn't/didn't unlock immediately like it normally does when I'm using phone-for-key. I tried several times and then finally I noticed the side mirrors extend out again (as if it had finally registered that I'd stopped using summon) and let me open the door. Took about 6-8 seconds.
I think I agree with you regarding Enhanced Summon - although I've only tried it out in a nearly completely empty parking lot so far.

I'm super impressed by it. But I think I'm impressed mostly because of what it represents and how it gives me much higher hopes for the near term development of autonomous driving. Prior to today most of my thinking was longer term - say 5, maybe 10 years out. What I've seen today greatly shortens that time frame.

I think I agree with you regarding Enhanced Summon - although I've only tried it out in a nearly completely empty parking lot so far.

I'm super impressed by it. But I think I'm impressed mostly because of what it represents and how it gives me much higher hopes for the near term development of autonomous driving. Prior to today most of my thinking was longer term - say 5, maybe 10 years out. What I've seen today greatly shortens that time frame.

Oh yea totally. This entire update is a pretty huge leap forward in capability. Also I recognize I'm still on HW2.5, and when they start really using the 3.0 CPU, improvements are just going to accelerate even faster.

Really excited for the future of my car, and it's a little crazy but every couple months I feel like I have a new car. Best purchase ever.

The version we have isn't even what was running on autonomy day, so I can only imagine. That sole reason solidified my FSD purchase.
Yea in his Lex interview he casually said his car runs dev software and stops at red lights and stop signs already. It is crazy how some of the bigger issues plaguing FSD are already being taken care of, while the smaller edge case bugs are the reason we don’t see these versions in our cars yet. The progress being made is great though.

Yea in his Lex interview he casually said his car runs dev software and stops at red lights and stop signs already. It is crazy how some of the bigger issues plaguing FSD are already being taken care of, while the smaller edge case bugs are the reason we don’t see these versions in our cars yet. The progress being made is great though.

100% and he backs his *sugar* up. So, for him to be that cocky, convinced me. He's not wrong. He might be on "elon time" but hes right.

Also from listening to people who took rides on autonomy day. The tech makes sense.

More pre-dinner Caraoke time with my lady! Woot!

585AFFFA-2F69-4E04-ACB7-F05803C0FD7E.jpeg

Reactions: Phlier and jsrawa
Charging on 120 volts - strange stuff. Anybody else see this?

I can see on a meter that the Mobile Connector is getting 118 volts and is steadily pulling 11.6 amps. But the display in the car and on the App is erratic, the charge rate ranges between 0 and 5 mi/hr, and it doesn't add "miles" smoothly like before, it seems to lose them almost as fast as it adds them. It's been sitting between 170-171 mi over the last half hour. It's as if the way of showing charge has changed a lot.

Yes I rebooted both car subsystems, checked the plugs and cabling all the way to dismantling the wall socket. And, bottom line, the in-line meter shows that the voltage is adequate at the Moibile Connector, and it's sucking just shy of 12 amps.