Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 is coming with "Caraoke" -- A functioning music player would also be nice :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a shame V10 did not fix the issues we are having with the music player not resuming music reliably :(

The music player is the most used app for me when I drive and I hope they finally fix the bug with the USB music not resuming.

i wish there was at least some workout for this problem. Anyone found a solution to music not resuming other than closing and opening the driver's side door?

I

We just got back from a trip to Shenandoah National Park and we had no cellphone reception most of the time, so the USB music player was how we listened to music. This made us realize the importance of a functioning music player and is the most important improvement in V10 that l'll be looking for...

With Spotify, you can download songs, so you can listen to music through your phone, even when you don't have reception.

With Spotify, you can download songs, so you can listen to music through your phone, even when you don't have reception.

Yes, but then you are listening to compressed audio downloaded by Spotify and then compressed even further via Bluetooth transmission so the music has now gone through 2 stages of compression/loss of sound quality. I'm sure this loss of quality is fine for some and some would argue they can't notice any difference and what not.

I use USB audio so I can listen to music in the best quality possible. Just wish they would fix the long standing issue with the music player bug that prevents USB audio from resuming reliably.

It'll probably never be fixed, I think we need to accept this just like the 'beta' rain sensing wipers will never work properly.

For both our sakes, I hope you are wrong and they fix the music player!

They are going to have a hard time fixing the rain sensing wiper to work as well as a dedicated senor at night because, unless I'm mistaken, the dedicated sensor has some of form of IR illumination that lights up the rain drops but the camera of course depends on reflected ambient light that might not be sufficient at night to accurately detect raindrops.

By comparison, for the music player, they just need to stop needlessly scanning the music drive and save the last song that was playing so the music can resume... This should be so easy to fix... Half the time I can fix music resuming by just closing and opening the door.

We have the most advanced car in the world that can't resume music :(

• Informative
Reactions: Petrocelli
They are going to have a hard time fixing the rain sensing wiper to work as well as a dedicated senor at night because, unless I'm mistaken, the dedicated sensor has some of form of IR illumination that lights up the rain drops but the camera of course depends on reflected ambient light that might not be sufficient at night to accurately detect raindrops.
A classic case of ignoring proven simple technology (the IR sensor) to try to save a dollar and its backfired, well I guess not really I mean how often does it rain in Palo Alto ;)
I'm not too fussed about the wipers, I like the rain sense wipers in the two other cars in the garage but its not a deal breaker to have them working or not. Like you I think a functional entertainment system would be far more satisfying.

A classic case of ignoring proven simple technology (the IR sensor) to try to save a dollar and its backfired, well I guess not really I mean how often does it rain in Palo Alto ;)
I'm not too fussed about the wipers, I like the rain sense wipers in the two other cars in the garage but its not a deal breaker to have them working or not. Like you I think a functional entertainment system would be far more satisfying.

I would gladly wipe away the rain drops on my own if they could just fix the music player to resume USB audio.:p

Totally agree with you about the rain sensor. A shame because my previous cars have had the rain sensing wipers work flawlessly daytime and night time. The Tesla rain sensing NN is MUCH improved than it used to be but night time performance still sucks because it is missing the IR illumination.

It'll probably never be fixed, I think we need to accept this just like the 'beta' rain sensing wipers will never work properly.

I've checked to see if they've fixed the USB audio player after each update since I bought my car.

The car still doesn't resume USB audio when I get back in the car most of the time. I've submitted several support requests from My Tesla Account but nothing so far :( This has got to be one of the easier things for them to fix if they would just cache the contents of the music drive, save what was last playing, and just resume playing that song after allowing enough time for the USB drive to initialize.