Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 read text messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m stunned that this functionality is not available for these cars.
Stunned that text messaging functionality isn’t present? It will be nice when it is added — and I believe it is a coming feature — but I am hardly stunned. I have two Teslas and text a lot but have never even given it a thought while driving. Using voice texting on my Apple Watch seems much more convenient anyway.

Stunned that text messaging functionality isn’t present? It will be nice when it is added — and I believe it is a coming feature — but I am hardly stunned. I have two Teslas and text a lot but have never even given it a thought while driving. Using voice texting on my Apple Watch seems much more convenient anyway.

Even when this feature does come I'll probably still use my Apple Watch to read the message, and to do a voice response.

July 27 @elonmusk did in fact include it as V10 not .1

Elon Musk on Twitter

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 8.42.56 AM.png

As with Apple with they introduce features coming to iOS 13 (for example) it should be said it is coming to version iOS 13.x. We should probably think along the same lines with Tesla. If its coming to v10 then it can be 10.x up until v11. But I can see how we can be confused as we only ever had v9 and never a v9.1 or v9.x. So who knows when v10.1 will come out (if it ever does).

As with Apple with they introduce features coming to iOS 13 (for example) it should be said it is coming to version iOS 13.x. We should probably think along the same lines with Tesla. If its coming to v10 then it can be 10.x up until v11. But I can see how we can be confused as we only ever had v9 and never a v9.1 or v9.x. So who knows when v10.1 will come out (if it ever does).

I agree.

We can't expect every feature mentioned for V10 to come in V10.0

Some stuff will inevitably slip to a minor rev.

In this case Elon only claimed it was coming with V10 so it's not a miss at least not yet.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
This could be dangerous....

You just know someone is going to get a dirty text from their gf/bf, while their spouse/ family/ co-workers are sitting in the car...

The look on their faces will be priceless , as the Tesla reads the text , in all its glory.
"In other news, an enraged and betrayed woman beat her boyfriend unconscious as his Tesla showed an incoming "sexting" message sent from another woman on the car's screen. The boyfriend was driving the car at the time. The Tesla dropped the boyfriend off at a local hospital prior to delivering the woman to the nearest Police precinct."