Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.1 [Release notes same as previous V10 versions]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm actually a little surprised you haven't experienced one until now. Typically, folks who live in higher density traffic environments (like many parts of CA) seem to be less satisfied with NOA's competency.

Interesting that our experience differs. I use it in high density California freeway traffic, both stop and go and high speed. We may have a difference of opinion sometimes, like whether it's the best lane to be in, but to date I had never ever had to intervene.

V10 - Anyone experience autopilot in heavy traffic when someone changes into your lane or cuts you off it doesn’t respond to slow down as quickly as before? I’ve come real close to rear ending people. One incident it got close enough to apply Emergency Braking. Very scary.
I posted the same info after my drive after the update on Oct 9.

• Informative
Reactions: paulvinh
Confirmed (from Montreal) that Smart Summon is now available after the update to 2019.32.12.2.
I quickly tried it in our local library's parking lot and it's magical. Quite fast the car uses its flasher appropriately and I saw speeds up to 8km/h although the parking lot is small.

What I found a little strange is I don't have the "come to me" option, Incan only Summon to target. Can another Canadian Tesla owner confirm if they have "come to me" available on their app?

Make sure you have "Summon Standby" mode enabled in autopilot option. I believe it is not on you will not have "come to be button"

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I updated to 32.12.1 about an hour ago on my S100D. But the release notes are the same as 32.11.1, 32.11, and 32.10.2 I checked my App and nothing changed. I did not try to Summon to see if there are any changes. As a S owner, I thought we will have vent close and open. But no such luck yet!

On my 2017 S100D with Sunroof (I do feel lucky!), Vent causes the Sunroof to Vent (open/close).

Reactions: DrJohnM
Good that you have sunroof. But I was talking about the windows to close and open to vent air if hot or close if it is raining like the M3 or X. Our MS does not have that remote option from the App.

Understood - I was observing that the exact same Vent Open/Close options on my Tesla App that vent my Model X windows also vent my Sunroof on my Model S.

• Informative
Reactions: bhakan
My 3 wouldn’t release the charge port this morning for the first time since I’ve owned it and I’m not sure if it’s software related with this new version. Thought it was due to ice/temp as it’s 24 degrees here but it just wouldn’t unlock the port until I did the manual release and I never had the problem last year in even colder, icier weather.

Make sure you have "Summon Standby" mode enabled in autopilot option. I believe it is not on you will not have "come to be button"
The button appears without standby mode, but it may take a few seconds if the car first has to wake up.

Remember that standby mode increases energy consumption when the car is parked anywhere but at the excluded locations (could drain your battery down to 20% if parked for a longer time e.g. at an airport). Given that I will rarely (if ever) actually use Smart Summon in the foreseeable future, I don't think it's worth it to save a few seconds in those rare cases.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
During the 25 minute software update today, Friday, October 11, 2019, my Model 3, Duel Motor, Long Range, while unplugged, within range of my Wifi, and me sitting in the drivers seat, not touching any controls at all, there was at least 10 different electrical devices being turned on, and off, automatically with, both in the back left and right, inside of the dashboard and under the frunk. Some popping noises, others clicking noises, it was surreal. Most likely performing a diagnostic test of the pertinent systems of this high tech Transformer. so far, what I noticed was changed.
1) Service, Wheel configuration was added for a confirmation.
2) I did not notice anything else changed from last weeks v10 update.
3) What other changes are you seeing?