Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 update: 2019.32.12.2 - Release notes same as previous V10 versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only way to get an update at the Service Center is that you have to have an issue with your car and they create a ticket. If you do not have the latest software, you will get the next release. Long time ago, you could connect to the SCS WiFi and get the latest download, not not any more.
What happens if you roll up outside and connect to the public facing WiFi? I haven't tested new ability to see updates are ready to download, the car won't be able to initiate the download?

Or is the local SC unusual in having a public facing WiFi exposed, separate from the internal one that I assume the Techs are using?

What happens if you roll up outside and connect to the public facing WiFi? I haven't tested new ability to see updates are ready to download, the car won't be able to initiate the download?

Or is the local SC unusual in having a public facing WiFi exposed, separate from the internal one that I assume the Techs are using?

The only time I connect to wifi is with my hotspot AFTER I've been told there is an update via cell signal. I don't think going to the service center is necessary to get updates. I get them at the same time as my friend 1 state over.

The only time I connect to wifi is with my hotspot AFTER I've been told there is an update via cell signal. I don't think going to the service center is necessary to get updates. I get them at the same time as my friend 1 state over.
I’m talking about using the SC wifi in place of a hotspot, if the later isn’t feasible (or your phone/plan doesn’t allow tethering at all).

With the notification you’ll get the chance to do a phone hotspot, or other temporary wifi, like you describe. However that’s only limited to when the Tesla server queues you up to start a download. Techs can manually move you immediately into the download queue.

Thank you. I don’t have a notification for 12.2 tho, only 12.1. Is that what you had as well?
Sure, that’s what I saw last & then woke up to 12.2. But this isn’t the car making that choice, it is just downloading what the server pushes to it. If the server countermands what version a given car gets then the car will dutifully download that (within given bandwidth limit of its internet connection).

Observations after moving from 11.1 to 12.2:
Spotify sound is much improved. I no longer feel the need to listen to music from USB.
Regen is strong again, like it was on earlier versions.
LTE still goes to a no connection state from time to time, requiring a screen reboot to restore.
Tunein has dramatic volume changes from time to time. I hadn't noticed that on any previous version.

This was a weird rollout. All day yesterday, my car said to connect to wifi to download the update. When I got home and connected to wifi, it wouldn't download. I did the two-button tango and it still wouldn't download.

I left the house and then returned, and when I got back and reconnected, the software update was gone. Ran an errand, and the download notification showed again. Got home and it downloaded.

Strangest update since I got the car.

Same here. A few hours later it finally downloaded, and I installed with no problems.

I noticed today with the .2 version of this update the cruise control isnt as overly cautious on the curves. It used to slow way down going into curves and I'd have to hold the accelerator to get the cruise control to maintain a decent speed through the curves. It still slows more than I'd like but not as bad and a quick tap on the accelerator gets the car to speed back up. So no need to hold the accelerator through the corner any more. The road from the highway to my house is about 7 miles with hills and a few curves. In my old Tahoe I could set the cruise control at 60mph and not have to slow down for any of the curves. But with the cruise control on the Model 3 it would try to slow down as much as 30mph going into the same curves. But not anymore with the .2 update.

Also my energy graph seems to show a much lower watt hour per mile average now on drives. The closest I'd come to the rated line before the last update was about 270 even when trying to be super efficient. Last night over 30 miles I had an average of 224. On the same roads I drive almost daily.

I noticed today with the .2 version of this update the cruise control isnt as overly cautious on the curves. It used to slow way down going into curves and I'd have to hold the accelerator to get the cruise control to maintain a decent speed through the curves. It still slows more than I'd like but not as bad and a quick tap on the accelerator gets the car to speed back up. So no need to hold the accelerator through the corner any more. The road from the highway to my house is about 7 miles with hills and a few curves. In my old Tahoe I could set the cruise control at 60mph and not have to slow down for any of the curves. But with the cruise control on the Model 3 it would try to slow down as much as 30mph going into the same curves. But not anymore with the .2 update.

Also my energy graph seems to show a much lower watt hour per mile average now on drives. The closest I'd come to the rated line before the last update was about 270 even when trying to be super efficient. Last night over 30 miles I had an average of 224. On the same roads I drive almost daily.
Must be the optics/angles set matching your particular road that have been addressed. The tight stuff I normally see has been doing it at speed limit for months now. There’s one corner I know it’ll slow a bit for that I’d take a full speed but it is still taking it well above the yellow caution sign number.

One thing that AP hasn’t sorted yet is there are two places on 6-lane divided highway where a hill will cause it to slow far earlier, far past what it prudent/necessary (I’m talking slowing to about 60mph), and another crest of an overpass that it slows unnecessarily to high 40’s (speed limit is 50mph, unclear why it wasn’t set at least 55 at that point in the road....SWIM is often way, WAY above that there).

I noticed with this update that my front USB port no longer charges my phone. Also the Sentry button on the top right disappears when you put the car in drive. I can no longer save videos while driving. Sentry still works while parked. Has anyone noticed this?

I noticed with this update that my front USB port no longer charges my phone. Also the Sentry button on the top right disappears when you put the car in drive. I can no longer save videos while driving. Sentry still works while parked. Has anyone noticed this?
I can confirm my USB ports still charge my phone (I use both sides, two phones at some times) but I never use Sentry, so I don't have a USB drive in the other port like I assume you do. Have you tried popping out the thumb drive to see if that's what is triggering this issue?

P.S. I thought Sentry always had disabled when put into D? Although, like I said, I never use it so my assumption could be off here and is based only on casual, incidental observation of those controls at the top of the screen.