Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - what’s your verdict?

V11 - what’s your verdict?

• I love it

Votes: 63 14.8%
  • Some good things, some bad things, but overall it’s ok

Votes: 181 42.5%
  • A bit “meh”. I can live with it, but preferred the old UI

Votes: 107 25.1%
  • I hate it

Votes: 75 17.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple solution to the profile button would be to have the notification card appear on screen while the seat is moving, it does do this when you move the seat manually so you can save the new position. If it displayed while the seat was moving automatically, due to the assumed phone key, then you would see which name was there and be able to cancel if necessary. If you could also select the correct profile from that notification panel then problem solved.
At the moment it automatically chooses the profile ( I have 10 of them for different scenarios) based on the assumed phone key. It is 100% accurate in choosing my main profile. Not sure whether the profile will change if I use the spare key card which is not in my name and matched to a different profile. I understand the usefulness of profile appearing on the notification card, however if it matches 100% with key cards and mobile we may not need this.

Yes, you can although the map won’t be visible. I noticed yesterday that while the energy graph was being used that the next nav instruction on your route is shown under the autopilot visuals at the bottom right of the screen where the cards used to be. Okay not perfect but they have kind of thought about it.

Running .30 in my case.
My issue is not being able to see the map & energy metrics/distance travelled at the same time.

What are these "cards" that everyone is talking about?
The photo below shows the trip 'card' in V10.2

Trip-card.jpg

Reactions: Adopado
The photo below shows the trip 'card' in V10.2

The removal of this is very annoying. I used the trip consumption every time I drove. Given Tesla seem to analyse who uses what (I.e. the removal of the passenger lumbar button) I am amazed they had data to justify taking these cards out. Probably the most regularly used feature for me. And also used tyre pressure more than I thought I would given temperature changes often prompt the pressure warning are require some tweaking.

At the moment it automatically chooses the profile ( I have 10 of them for different scenarios) based on the assumed phone key. It is 100% accurate in choosing my main profile. Not sure whether the profile will change if I use the spare key card which is not in my name and matched to a different profile. I understand the usefulness of profile appearing on the notification card, however if it matches 100% with key cards and mobile we may not need this.
Agreed, IF the correct profile was selected 100% of the time then we wouldn't need a manual override. But as many people have experienced, that's not the case.

A more light hearted observation: I've just noticed if you sit in the car, set in "Parked" and turn the steering wheel the front wheels in the image of the car turn.
Quite pointless, but amusing.

The new version takes a bit of getting used to, overall I like it.

Just open your profile, then open lock and then press the profile icon in your mobile phone key to sync the profile.
I don’t think it’s a config issue tbh. I have the same problem. Whenever my wife’s phone is near the car it selects her profile even if I’m quite clearly closer.

Our profIles are set to the right phones because it sets correctly when she’s not present after she’s had used it and vice versa. Setting a priority device doesn’t help.

It must be a hardware issue. Dealing with varying Bluetooth radio hardware and there ability to determine proximity and signal strength is bound to cause problems. I also think that the Bluetooth radio for the car is probably installed as a LHD configuration due to it being an American brand. So it’s possible that the car thinks the phone closest to the left of the car is the driver, which isn’t the case in a RHD car.

I don’t think it’s a config issue tbh. I have the same problem. Whenever my wife’s phone is near the car it selects her profile even if I’m quite clearly closer.

Our profIles are set to the right phones because it sets correctly when she’s not present after she’s had used it and vice versa. Setting a priority device doesn’t help.

It must be a hardware issue. Dealing with varying Bluetooth radio hardware and there ability to determine proximity and signal strength is bound to cause problems. I also think that the Bluetooth radio for the car is probably installed as a LHD configuration due to it being an American brand. So it’s possible that the car thinks the phone closest to the left of the car is the driver, which isn’t the case in a RHD car.
A reason that I don’t believe this is a hardware issue is that I used to have the same problem but it is now resolved … and my wife and I still have the same phones.

In our case the thing that I did that resolved the issue was removing another authorised phone from the list of keys. I had changed phones but had kept my old phone on the list. It had been like that for quite a while and during that time my wife’s phone always took priority. Once I removed the third redundant phone from the list I found that the car no longer chose my wife’s in preference.

I suspect there is a bug in the way the car is handling the phone key list and that it can be cleared … at least in some instances.

I don't like the way you have to hit exactly the right part of the top of a window to be able to drag it down - and then swipe a second time to get rid of it.
Very poor ergonomics.
Far better to have a large "X" button at the top - and to make this standard for all the apps - I sometimes have to spend an eternity trying to find the "go away" button for some!
And make those buttons at the bottom quite a bit bigger. And get rid of the "recent" icons - more room for those you need.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
My subwoofer has appeared on the sound mixer for (I think) the first time, since this update. It was set to off when I discovered it. I’ve put it to max and man, this is a whole new dimension to listening to music. Am I the last one to discover it, I’ve only had the car for two and a half years! :)

Reactions: Nick77
Status
Not open for further replies.