Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, lots of new features according to Green: green on Twitter

"2020.8:
in addition to fsd viz on hw3 mcu2/m3 cars in EU/Ca/MX, 3rd party charging, s/x improved regen, track mode and bt improvements we also get:
exfat support, new manual page on alerts, yet another chargeport, update to steering rack firmware.
some more stuff I need to explor"

From what Green identified, I'm actually most interested in what "yet another chargeport" means. Here was his clarification: green on Twitter

"it's a new chargeport, could be a version of existing or a totally new - not really sure."

Unknown region for now; I wonder if this could be the beginning of a built-in CCS port for North America, given the firmware also enables more third-party charging.

Hopefully the side rear facing camera views being enabled in reverse will be in this.

And looking forward to FSD preview.

But if the AP rewrite is in this, I will probably hold off for a while. I just wished they wouldn't keep nagging to take an non safety/security update even when on Standard update setting. Looking more closely at why not to update, Tesla make various notes/disclaimers. Personally, I would prefer to be able to defer taking an update for at least a couple of weeks behind the advanced setting, but recently, its been a matter of days between first updates and us getting notification of update in standard and if you don't take it, it nags every time you want to drive. I'm certainly not going to want to take an update close to, or on a vacation.

Note: This software update window will persist until you complete the installation of the software update. You must install all software updates as soon as they are available and any harm relating to the failure to install a software update will not be covered by the vehicle’s warranty. Failure or refusal to install such updates may result in the inaccessibility of certain vehicle features (including incompatibility with digital media devices) or in Tesla being unable to diagnose and service your vehicle.

Note: If software updates are not installed, some vehicle features may become inaccessible and digital media devices may become incompatible. Reverting to a previous software version is not possible.

Also worth noting that I took an iOS app update today - usually a sign of functional changes no matter how benign the bug fix/performance enhancements sound.

Last edited: