Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V3 Supercharging coming

Do you care about the new V3 SC?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most popular questions from my coworkers.... How far can you go on a charge? How long does it take to charge?
I often have that conversation. A relevant counter question is:

"How often do you drive more than 350km/day in the winter and 500km/day in the summer?"

Because other than those days you can fully recharge at home or a hotel while you sleep.

Also:

"I'm sure your gas car doesn't fill itself up at night, does it?"

Last edited:
I guess it all depends where you live. I never saw a Supercharger filled more than a quarter. (Quebec).
My bad. Didn’t mean to “snap”. I just did the Toronto - Montreal - Toronto route recently and while I don’t mind the stopping, my passenger was not as “like minded” and I felt like I was constantly rationalizing, explaining etc.

But I do believe that it is important that new users ( of which I am one - but road tripping is exactly as I thought it would be, except for the road - wind noise) are fully aware of the potential for significant time differences.
Sam here. Just took friends on the same trip and stopping once for 30 minutes was fine for food etc as they barely noticed. Stopping the second time was causing them to make fun of EV. They didn't mind paying nothing for gas.

I was looking at a 850 km trip I'll do in the near future. Total charging time for the trip is 1 hour and 7 minutes according to abetterouteplanner. Even with an ICE car, I would probably stop that much with the family.

Sounds like summer ;)

I do Oakville to Montreal and end up doing about that much charging in winter.

Did oakville Belleville oakville yesterday and today and spent at least 40 minutes charging. 20 minutes each way. And that's about 450km.

Edit: was 48 minutes charging: 21 yesterday, 27 today as even after an hour of driving battery was still cold and only got about 60kw charging speed. (Yesterday got full 120kw after 2 hours of drovong)

Also on a longer trip to get the shortest charging time you're going to be stopping more often for less time each stop (charges faster when empty). So stopping for an actual meal is going to increase your stopping/charging time past that.

Last edited:
yes, it is with Summer temperature, but just for fun I tried it with -10c. It goes up 1 hour and 20 min. That is with the MR.
Of course it is all planning with speed limit, no wind.
It is 3 stops. If i remove a stop, the total trip time increases by 30 minutes !