Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears to me that you can no longer put the camera on the top half of the screen. I HATE that and I think it is a safety risk as with the camera on the top half of the screen you could keep one eye on the road while you check the screen to see if it is safe to change lanes. With the camera on the bottom half you have to look much farther down. (Unless I am missing something about the camera location).

Reactions: Shaz and mrElbe
So far I don’t have it yet. I notice my car disconnects from the wifi once it goes to sleep. I saw in another thread that it will download the update while it sleeps so continously waking the car will inhibit it from updated. I don’t know what to do

It appears to me that you can no longer put the camera on the top half of the screen. I HATE that and I think it is a safety risk as with the camera on the top half of the screen you could keep one eye on the road while you check the screen to see if it is safe to change lanes. With the camera on the bottom half you have to look much farther down. (Unless I am missing something about the camera location).

No, you're not missing it. I'll say to toggle between screens is less of a reach at the bottom as opposed to the top, but I think not being able to toggle a couple of different screens is wrong. Navigation can be displayed on the IP, so it's kind of redundant to have the ability to make navigation mandatoryon the big display. Being able to switch to other displays (rear camera, energy, etc)on the big display is more important for some people. The one good part is that the blind spot detection seems better (ie. it exists!).

Perhaps in a subsequent release they'll fix this. I'd like them to put more info on the Quick Controls screen too - like vehicle status (tire pressure, etc), and any outstanding messages.

So far I don’t have it yet. I notice my car disconnects from the wifi once it goes to sleep. I saw in another thread that it will download the update while it sleeps so continously waking the car will inhibit it from updated. I don’t know what to do
A request will be sent to the car to wake up when it has been queued for an update. It will download the update, unpack it, validate it, etc then issue your phone a notification saying the update is ready to install. You don't need to keep it awake.

• Informative
Reactions: pcons and McCaesar
I just got the notification in the car this morning and just installed it. Version 39.6 . Model 3 with VIN 30XXX that I picked up the first week of June 2018 at the Toronto International Centre. No problem with the installation. Even though it said it would take 45 min to install, it was more like 20 min.
It was appox a 500MB download that I could see on my router logs

Reactions: McCaesar
Got it last night. Gonna miss my old icons and having the rear camera on the upper section, but I’ll give this new rev a shot at winning me over.

Just gotta figure out how to get the dashcam working. Followed the manual instructions and don’t have it. I’ll keep fiddling with it. ;)

Yeah I don't like this at all. I normally leave the rear view camera on the top of the screen. It's needed driving in Ottawa; people often deliberately try to cut you off when you merge lanes. It's a great rear view mirror.

My normal configuration is camera on top, media on bottom. If I need the map I put it on the bottom.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
The rollout for V9 is rather slower than normal, especially for Model 3. Only like 2 model 3’s updated yesterday. Only 2 model 3’s today updated to 39.6.1 so I don’t know what’s going on. Maybe they found a bug.

This is according to teslafi which is a best representation we have.