Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still on 36.2 and had a ton of issues this last week with Slacker streaming (logos not loading on the main page and constant issues with "error loading" of music). Also had issues with the Nav screen where I had black blocks on the screen with the map showing in night mode. Spent time on the phone with Tesla and we did a full vehicle shut down and restart - still having issues. Appointment Friday at Tesla. They were also seeing other errors on the car - odd they asked me if the car was pulling left or right as they saw some alignment error yet the car was running totally straight. They also mentioned a partial download of v9 that was stopped and may have corrupted some of the vehicle sw.

Just Got notice!!! Getting my V9 update for my 2013 S P85 tonight at exactly 12:45 pm.

I don’t know I I should be excited or dreading this. There may not be much improvement for an old, pre autopilot car, and it seems I may lose things I like, like dual screen but I still believe this continuous improvement model is AWESOME compared to my INFINITI maps and apps that got updated precisely ZERO times in three years.

Middle command while waiting for kids to leave karate, here I come

Just Got notice!!! Getting my V9 update for my 2013 S P85 tonight at exactly 12:45 pm.

I don’t know I I should be excited or dreading this. There may not be much improvement for an old, pre autopilot car, and it seems I may lose things I like, like dual screen but I still believe this continuous improvement model is AWESOME compared to my INFINITI maps and apps that got updated precisely ZERO times in three years.

Middle command while waiting for kids to leave karate, here I come
Oops, 11:45 pm

So I read how people use the rear camera basically as their always on blind spot camera. Are we saying that with V9 we can’t do that?
v9 still allows for this....I think with the model s and x though you had the option to position this view on the top of the centre display, and now its on the bottom, forcing you to look further down. Seems like there is a workaround for this, though I dont own one of those so cant confirm.

Has anyone with v9 experienced cars behind and to the back left/right end up jumping around a lot? It happens all the time for me. Cars in the front and front left/right are solid on the display. While stopped at a light and all cars are stationary the effect is particularly pronounced. I'm wondering if this is just an artifact on the software or if there is a problem with my car's sensors.

Has anyone with v9 experienced cars behind and to the back left/right end up jumping around a lot? It happens all the time for me. Cars in the front and front left/right are solid on the display. While stopped at a light and all cars are stationary the effect is particularly pronounced. I'm wondering if this is just an artifact on the software or if there is a problem with my car's sensors.

I have that too. I think it's because front uses radar while sides and back use cameras only and that is new.

This is normal I think. Since the system uses cameras in addition to the other sensors it has some jumpiness. Hopefully will get fixed in an update. I've seen a couple times the car beside me looks like it is going to side swipe me on the HUD, but the car is actually a safe distance away. Tested with EAP on and thankfully the model 3 didn't make a reaction to what the HUD was showing.

On another note I've been wondering: pre v9 all cars showed up as model 3s on the hud. Now that the hud shows cars and SUVs, does it recognize Tesla's as different and show model 3s, Xs and Ss? That would be fun :)

On another note I've been wondering: pre v9 all cars showed up as model 3s on the hud. Now that the hud shows cars and SUVs, does it recognize Tesla's as different and show model 3s, Xs and Ss? That would be fun :)

It's probably possible but would require more neural network processing. From the sound of things, the current CPU/GPU AI engine is being maxed out. So maybe this will be a feature with AP3.0 HW. In fact it may be able to read license plates, car makes, etc...

I'm still on 36.2 and had a ton of issues this last week with Slacker streaming (logos not loading on the main page and constant issues with "error loading" of music). Also had issues with the Nav screen where I had black blocks on the screen with the map showing in night mode. Spent time on the phone with Tesla and we did a full vehicle shut down and restart - still having issues. Appointment Friday at Tesla. They were also seeing other errors on the car - odd they asked me if the car was pulling left or right as they saw some alignment error yet the car was running totally straight. They also mentioned a partial download of v9 that was stopped and may have corrupted some of the vehicle sw.

I think I have the same issues. The OS is doing some funny things like showing highways where there aren't any and black random squares on the map.

I'm in the service place tomorrow for headlights so I'll get the mto put the new OS on it.

I think I have the same issues. The OS is doing some funny things like showing highways where there aren't any and black random squares on the map.

I'm in the service place tomorrow for headlights so I'll get the mto put the new OS on it.
I have the same issue also. When I talked to Service they indicated it was a two different issues. The Slacker radio issue was an issue that had nothing to do with the V9 update. The issue with the maps is corrupted maps that will be fixed with a new update.

Oops, 11:45 pm
Got the update. There are some things for us older model S owners without autopilot.

I like the new layout and the always on top / available map is fine. I’m not sure it took into account my using the hov lane but I’ll give it some time to adapt. Maps were a little crisper if that’s possible. I like the pull down options on the music players, different levels of size and info, which may prove useful for the passenger. And I like the sending maps to the Tesla. Nice when my wife is lost!!

Visually I think I prefer the previous version. Climate control is weird now, and I can't select just AC to be auto, has to be all or nothing. The detailed traffic info is cool tho, and 3 levels of music view, altho if you have it on the smallest music view, when you get back in the car it goes back to 2nd smallest, which is annoying.

Had v9 (2018.39,7) pushed to my Model 3 last night as I was having major sw issues with my car. Only had a chance to briefly play with it last night before my wife took the car to work today but so far I like what I see. I'll spend some time this weekend with v9 and update next week

So while driving to pickering and back today I had 3 instances where the lane change feature started to change lanes, no one even close to me, then about halfway through the lane change the car violently jolted back to the original lane like it detected a car there. It was kind of jarring (literally). In all instances I was moving from the middle lane to the far left, so maybe the concrete barrier messed things up?

Auto lane change seemed more stable before, but admittedly I didn't get much chance to use it before. Curious if others have experienced the same 'fake out' lane change?