Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 in the UK - 2018.42.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't panic. I'm still on V8 and I believe there are a silence majority of us still happily driving around without V9. However last version of V8 has been rather bug filled with my car. Lots of reboots per month necessary...

I will look forward to my V9 when the time comes but no rush at the moment.

I must say v9 is much better for me that v8.1. A few things are a bit odd to locate but the navigation, autopilot, spotify functionality is better than v8.1. I wasn't one for having random things at the top or bottom of the screen so music and maps was mainly my choice. I did used to have the map at the bottom and music at the top so I purposefully drove round with the map at the top for a few weeks on v8.1 just to get used to the location.

I must say v9 is much better for me that v8.1. A few things are a bit odd to locate but the navigation, autopilot, spotify functionality is better than v8.1. I wasn't one for having random things at the top or bottom of the screen so music and maps was mainly my choice. I did used to have the map at the bottom and music at the top so I purposefully drove round with the map at the top for a few weeks on v8.1 just to get used to the location.

+1 I'm much preferring V9 layout overall. Spotify still as bug ridden as ever though, perhaps even less stable in V9. I'm now routinely having to reboot the main screen almost every morning just to get Spotify going. This is something Tesla really need to sort out as it's a major irritant in what would otherwise be a great media system. I would go as far as saying it's the most annoying part of the whole Tesla experience! I thought they'd nearly cracked it in later versions of V8, but sadly not.

Reactions: iboy and Asterix187